New turbo set up !

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Looks nuts Trent!:thumb:

You think it would gain any if the charge pipe between the two turbos was bigger since you have the race cover now??

not really , the inducer of the S475 is 2.8" , the outlet of the PBK is 3" ID 3.5" OD so really the pipe is already bigger than the inducer of the top turbo and the exducer of the secondary , if it was sucking ya it would help , but being forced it shouldn't matter due to the final restriction being the inducer of the top turbo .

Last edited:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Not to correct you Trent but the inducer on a 475 is right at 2.95.

Set up looks awesome! I cant wait to see some track times. I am also very excited to see some results from Matts truck.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
the big turbo could be putting out as much as 50 psi boost feeding into the top turbo , yes boots and clamps should hold it but the brace is there to make sure the pipe never blows off , I am adding similar braces to all the pipes . I hated to add it , the pipe looked much better with out it , but thought it was a good idea , just in case .

Looks better than ratchet straps and cable lol

and better than blowing it off at 1/4 track IMHO

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Trent, paint that bolt in pic #4. :D

I think that bar should do a good job at keeping your pipe from getting dented from blowing off! I agree-V-band is definetly a better way to go.

Can't wait to hear some numbers next weekend!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
trent , did you make your own pedestal for the 75?
No i am using a bulls eye ped with my own gated spacer .

Not to correct you Trent but the inducer on a 475 is right at 2.95.

Set up looks awesome! I cant wait to see some track times. I am also very excited to see some results from Matts truck.
I didnt do the math knew it was either a 2.8 or 3.0 class charger :rofl: , Matt has pulled twice now with the new setup , 1st place both times ;) if i can get some video i will post it up , his 1st pull he had issue's but still snuck out the win , second pull waslast night and i havent seen it yet but he said it worked real good , he was able to lug 4th clear down to 3600 with out down shifting , he said the truck has way more "grunt" .

Looks good Trent! Which Matt?

Matt Moon

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
No i am using a bulls eye ped with my own gated spacer .

I didnt do the math knew it was either a 2.8 or 3.0 class charger :rofl: , Matt has pulled twice now with the new setup , 1st place both times ;) if i can get some video i will post it up , his 1st pull he had issue's but still snuck out the win , second pull waslast night and i havent seen it yet but he said it worked real good , he was able to lug 4th clear down to 3600 with out down shifting , he said the truck has way more "grunt" .

Matt Moon

Whats his new set up?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Whats his new set up?

He twinned the truck and stepped up to "pro mod" I think ( not positive which class ) i know a few guys in his class are running rock wells and drop boxes - Gt4202R / PBK (built by Matt )

0608102106.jpg

Last edited:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
:happy2: Ya I have a video of his truck pulling in Idaho falls last night passed him on the freeway this morning headed home truck ran fuxking sweet totally took his 3.2 class that he was in up here everything else broke or just didn't pull very well awesome job Matt moon!!! :D

Last edited: