New turbo set up !

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Added the PBK to the truck today and added a race cover to the S475 also , she should have quite a bit more air for next weekend :cool2: , had to rebuild the charge pipe due to the race cover having a 5.5" inlet and didn't trust stepping it down with anything but metal , nothing fancy just through it together this after noon with what i had laying around and had to throw a temp paint job on it until i can get it coated , it doesn't match the best but had a can of that Grey color laying around :eek: Need to get the PBK cover polished also so it matches but will get it done in a few weeks .

DSCF2774.jpg

DSCF3292.jpg

DSCF3289.jpg

DSCF3290.jpg

DSCF3294.jpg

DSCF3297.jpg

Last edited:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
What the next event you running it at??

Looks nice in there. Whats different on this vs the 510??

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Damn Trent, your truck looks like a SEMA show truck under the hood.

Fricken sick!!! Very articulatley laid out and awesome fit and finish. Im jealous!!!

Congrats!!!!!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Trent, looks awesome! What kind of boost numbers are you expecting from this combo?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Trent, looks awesome! What kind of boost numbers are you expecting from this combo?
90-100 psi

Holy crap man that thing should fly! What event you doing this weekend?

Dougless WY , 5000 ft elevation :baby:

What the next event you running it at??

Looks nice in there. Whats different on this vs the 510??

this turbo flows about 25-30 lbs per minute more air on the compressor mapping , it is 5mm larger comp wheel , 7mm larger turbine , should light faster even though its bigger , and the race cover on the 75 should help a bit too so it is quite a bit more air on paper , we will see how much more it is in real life , wish i had a lower track to get a fair shake of the difference , in my mind if i can run the same at 5k as i did at sea level before the upgrades it would be quite the difference

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Damn thats lookin good Trent. Good luck at the track. Should move out for sure though with all that air :Charger:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Why do you have that brace on the 475 inlet?

the big turbo could be putting out as much as 50 psi boost feeding into the top turbo , yes boots and clamps should hold it but the brace is there to make sure the pipe never blows off , I am adding similar braces to all the pipes . I hated to add it , the pipe looked much better with out it , but thought it was a good idea , just in case .

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Id never seen anyone do that to hold the intake on, so figured Id ask. Makes sense. Smart idea, Trent.

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Id never seen anyone do that to hold the intake on, so figured Id ask. Makes sense. Smart idea, Trent.

The best way Tom is to make that connection a V-band and had i had some more time , or a aluminum and steel 5" v-band i would have welded a v-band to the comp cover and another to the pipe , I didnt have the v-bands nor the time to order them in so I had to keep it a "boot" connection so thought a brace was the next best thing .

Last edited:

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Looks nuts Trent!:thumb:

You think it would gain any if the charge pipe between the two turbos was bigger since you have the race cover now??