new manual trans record

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I wanna see if a blanket and sneak me a few more pounds of launching boost and maybe see if mark can't make something happen to get a few more pounds out of it on the limiter.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Okay quick question for the inexperienced here. So you're putting down around 750hp and making 11 second passes on a stock bottom end.... does it hold together because the zf or are you just waiting for it to exit the block lol I realize that may sound like I'm calling you out but I am not by any means. I've been following this thread and your other one for a while and that some impressive work.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Okay quick question for the inexperienced here. So you're putting down around 750hp and making 11 second passes on a stock bottom end.... does it hold together because the zf or are you just waiting for it to exit the block lol I realize that may sound like I'm calling you out but I am not by any means. I've been following this thread and your other one for a while and that some impressive work.
If it blew it wouldn't suprise me no. But sometimes you have to take risks, which i am doing lol. I think the fact that the truck is 5340 pounds helps for sure. And I'm always in the high rpms which helps. I dump it at 4400 and it doesn't go under 3k if the boost is up from the rev limiter. Just rolling the dice and getting lucky so far.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
If it blew it wouldn't suprise me no. But sometimes you have to take risks, which i am doing lol. I think the fact that the truck is 5340 pounds helps for sure. And I'm always in the high rpms which helps. I dump it at 4400 and it doesn't go under 3k if the boost is up from the rev limiter. Just rolling the dice and getting lucky so far.

Ah I see. Makes sense :thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Diverter valve possibly? I have no experience with them just a thought.

That could maybe work.
I'm just scared if it hooks good with slicks it will bog. Right now it breaks loose a bit. I need mark to make me an anti lag tune lol. I read a thread about them on comp d where pullers were using it to spool big chargers. They were doing a main injection event followed by a smaller prolonged shot of fuel before the main injection fuel was burnedout. Hard on valves and turbos though lol. Would be sweet to leave the line at like 25 pounds of boost at 4400 rpm lol.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
This is too cool!!

You do have caltracs, right?

Any mods to the zf6? Short shifter? Ceramic pads - is that SBC recommendation for what you're doing? Not questioning it, just curious & learning. :thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
This is too cool!!

Any mods to the zf6? Short shifter? Ceramic pads - is that SBC recommendation for what you're doing? Not questioning it, just curious & learning. :thumb:

yes caltracs and rubber bushing welded up in the stock shifter is the best setup I've ran so far. Clutch is sfi rated not sure on sbc.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
This is too cool!!

Oh you mean south bend recommendation, yes that is what we hashed out when I had it rebuild. Ceramic is light and keeps it shifting good. The transmission is bone stock other than a t case brace. I kind of want to put a temp sender in the pto cover and see what the trans Temps get to.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Congrats man! I've watched you beat and build the truck for a while. Nice to see you reach your goals!