New duramax rods iv been working on

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
The date on the cert means nothing. We have material here that dates back to 2010, doesn't change anything. Just means we haven't sold it yet;)

Not defending this guy. Just a friendly FYI.

Obviously this is a scam, close this thread.

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
the material certs like said are from prior as thats the batch the material came from. also freight, re inspection, cryo treatment, final honing, etching, boxing and shipping worldwide isnt free. also the prices stated are no where near what they cost. the bolts are tested each batch to 200000psi tensile strength. ill continue using them to test them out when i have any news i will let you all know. as for saying where am i have a life and cant be on here every minute of the day

to be precise on the bolt strength they came out at 218829psi and where tested by SGS a world leader in testing certification etc.

Last edited:

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Seems that with the current market of people wanting to purchase performance Duramax parts & what it costs to manufacture stuff that will actually survive our abuse, the word "budget" friendly & Dmax can't be used in the same sentence & probably never will

Last edited:

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
this all brings up some new questions.

Are you and hurricane one and the same? if so then this throws out your whole small time business guy trying to help out the community with cheaper alternative angle.

If not, Is this something YOU have been working on or something hurricane has been working on? Because now it seems that hurricane is taking "your" design and marketing it directly, for much cheaper.

Or did you stumble across these rods online, find out you could get them for $500 a set and decide to mark them up 200% to make a quick buck? What would the "discounted" price for the first few sets have been, say ...... $475?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
this all brings up some new questions.

Are you and hurricane one and the same? if so then this throws out your whole small time business guy trying to help out the community with cheaper alternative angle.

If not, Is this something YOU have been working on or something hurricane has been working on? Because now it seems that hurricane is taking "your" design and marketing it directly, for much cheaper.

Or did you stumble across these rods online, find out you could get them for $500 a set and decide to mark them up 200% to make a quick buck? What would the "discounted" price for the first few sets have been, say ...... $475?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
These are excellent questions Phil. I hope he answers these. It would clear up a lot of confusion. There is always somebody who make something just as good for a cheaper price. I remain optimistic to be honest. I would love to pay a fraction of the cost compared to other brands. The reason a lot of us haven't built a motor is mainly because of the price. Idk about most of you but 50k (In my area anyway) a year sure as hell doesn't pay for a 15k engine. Especially when you have a house and kids.

When I think about building the absolute first thing that comes to mind.....is of course, rods. Then second I think 3k for 8 pieces of metal is completely absurd. At least to me anyway. I know people have to take their slice of the pie but damn, that's a lot of dough for a hard working man. I have 4,500 in my brand new boat for heavens sake. That's more than these rods by a bit but still I have a 18' 60" wide whole river boat to enjoy.

Maybe I'm a tight a** idk. It would still be nice to be able to build these engines for a lot cheaper. We won't ever get there if we don't explore new ideas. I could build 3 ls engines for the price of a budget duramax. I know I said the other day this guy is a joke but it doesnt mean I'm not optimistic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
i worked on this out sourced the work and did the designs etc theb supplied the company who i deal with the design and sample machined here in Australia. there seems to be more companies now copying this i have been insuring the quality of the ones i have produced by having them all final honing etc here in aus. also they cost alot more then said price from hurricane plus all the final processes i have done to them

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Sure would be nice if these rods proved to be legit. This one item alone would save the average Joe 10-15% on the cost of a mild build. I personally have my doubts as most here do. I've been on this and other sights for years and years and have seen other products get bashed and torn down in the beginning that turned out to be useful in the end. The problem is testing a connecting rod to its fullest takes out 5X what its worth in other parts when it comes out the side of a block.

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
yes testing is a huge part and i myself was worried at first thats why i wanted every cert and test done and a new forging made and then had the final inspections honing etc done local by my byilder who has been building engines for 25 years. i have 1 test set left im hoping will go in a dyno engine if not ill send a set to sgs locally and see if they can punish them in some test to simulate an engine

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
To al lthe guys saying just give away a few sets, how do we know this isn't just a hobby to him or somebody legiteamatley trying to help out? Maybe he can't afford the short loss for the CHANCE of a long term gain. Reading this thread validates WHY there isn't new and up and comers making parts. Before the parts are even available, he's got 20 keyboard commandos condemning his parts because he won't give away however many to others for testing. Everybody keeps complaining about the cost of CROWERS, MANLEY, and all the other parts, well why do you think there parts cost so much? So they can afford to give away a few sets here and there for testing, or as sponsors to get the word out. I constantly read on here about people complaining about the costs of these parts compared to what other platforms(like the LS) pay for there parts, but yet when somebody DOES try and come out with an alternative, he is ripped to shreds.

I agree he should post up where he's based out of, and basic figures like forging, materials, and what process's are using. And doing so in the open forum would go a long way to earning trust. But why don't we give him a chance BEFORE we all condemn his products. As i said earlier, he is up against a HUGE hurdle being an unknown, but MANY other companies were unknown's at one time. If he's willing to work with a few peoples as best he can afford to(like he says for the 4 sets of rods), then let somebody else do the testing and quit bashing him. And to the OP, post up some specs on your product. I'm not talking anything proprietary, but basic stuff like material, forging process, weights, and so on should be simple enough.

very well said