New duramax rods iv been working on

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
i am not making stuff all. iv delt with the forging company for years with gas rods and cranks i have a good relationship with the company and we worked out a deal as they want to branch out and i was willing to help

HE didn't forge them... He paid a China shop to make a new dies to his design specs and complete the forgings then send them to him to finish machining is my guess.

I'd get up a few dollars if some others would also to have some sets sent to some shops with engine dynos like Empire, Fleece, Wagler (think they have a dyno?), and a set to Danville to go through the riggers on his chassis dyno with cylinder monitoring.

Still no answer the site shows a time zone area.

After asking this ? I did not get a pm but a out of the blue email from a China based Rod company. Trying to sell Duramax rods since they see I sell Carrillo rods at such a high cost.

Below copy of the email.
Hi Henry,

Have a nice day, glad to write to you, this is Rebecca from Hurricane, one of leading manufacturer of high performance connecting rod in China.

I am lucky to explore your company website just now , learn about that your company specialize in providing GM performance parts , also i found some Duramax connecting rods showed on your web ,but the price is so high .wanna better from now ? such as save more purchase cost , develop some new GM models or build own rods brand. if yes, hope we could find a way to build business relationship with yours from now.

​​​More information about us as follow:
​​1.Conrod factory established in 2000
​2.High performance and competitive price.
​3.Advanced CNC machine with professional designers team
​4.Forged, material: 4340 or 4340 billet products
​5.Various design: H-beam, I-beam and X-beam​
​6.MOQ: 60 pieces, any custom design accepted

​​By the way , you could find us by search ​​​​​​"hurricane connecting rod "​​​ on google. welcome to test our samples or visit our factory before cooperate with us, looking forward to hearing from you.
​Best regards

​​
​Rebecca Yu
​Chengdu Hurricane Speed & Performance Auto Parts Co., Ltd
​​​​​​​Tel: +86 28 62124092
​Mob: +86 15202869526
​Facebook : Rebecca Yu
​Skype : [email protected]
​Email : [email protected]

Sorry guys I want no part of this one I dont even want somebodies motor that has these things in it on our engine dyno.

Hurting a motor with the risk factor involved in these rods also holds huge risk of doing damage to our engine dyno at the same time. No thanks.

From the initial word of the initial post was off. Time line and emails I have received from this company do not even come close to what he is pitching here. This company in China 100% made a valiant attempt to knock off a carrillo and RR rod which from my findings and research has failed miserably at the attempt to replicate.

It appears this Huricane rod company from over seas not only tried to cut copy past the product but also the mass emails they sent out to try and hook line sink someone in the diesel industry. Its a good thing the diesel world is smaller then some of these companies may realize to avoid people from damaging there pocket books on investment.

To the origininator of the thread these things where available for cummins a year or so again and somebody tried selling them in a very similar way to your attempt and from my understanding almost every set failed from 500hp up. Not to mention the amount of detail they needed before they could even be installed. Good luck to you and your ventures.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Chengdu is the name of the hurricane company. It is also on his material test sheet he posted. Same company. I will pass on this whole idea.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
See same company
234c101b816a6f47938c131fdbacd6ec.jpg

29ac29f2364154a9c03acb6d8b8fdef7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Well...

That ended miserably. Guess the notion of "cheap" diesel parts is about as obtainable as 600rwhp with just a "tuner"...:rofl:

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
Well if they wanted to charge EDP almost $500 a set. I'd say the OP is out atleast $50,000 USD.

Thats the best part is they wanted $27 per rod 27x8= $216 w/ what they claimed would be equivalent to the Arp bolts used in Carrillo per tensile strength. Then if we wanted to upgrade to the 625 series from ARP it would bump the price to $475 shipped per set. If anybody knows how much 625's are that right there should throw up a huge red flag.

The same op that spent 7 months designing these?

I can NOT STRESS HOW MUCH of a BAD idea this is to use these things. I would feel more confident in a stock OEM Duramax rod with std bolts.

Like it was stated previously you are going to pay for what you get and why on earth would you want to cut corners on anything on a short block of a Duramax with all the known issues we face in both stock and built configurations.