New duramax rods iv been working on

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
also as for breaking rods iv broken manley rods and carrillo rods did they return my money or oay for damage no they did not. as with any new product they where designed to work like said brands are it not hust a fluke and hope they hold up and work.

You broke a carrillo at 800hp?

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
no at more then 800... i have saved money producing them so im passing on the saving. been a member fir 6 months but playing with duramax engine for 5 to 6 years any way just thought id put it iut there i have these

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
at the moment ill rate these to 1000 fwhp as thats what we have them at to keep people happy.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Can we see the broken rods? That doesn't happen often.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
i had pictures on my old phone but its funny i need to try proove it. iv also broken carrillos etc in big power gas cars to.

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
1_zpsjigzmapt.jpg

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
i had pictures on my old phone but its funny i need to try proove it. iv also broken carrillos etc in big power gas cars to.
Don't need the proof I was just curious.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
you've broken Manley and Carillo rods in a duramax? at what power range? due to another hard part failure or just under power? I'm not saying I doubt you but well, i sort of do doubt that. breaking them under power is a very rare occurrence and takes a tremendous amount of power. usually a piston will fail first.

I think you will be hard pressed to get anyone knowledgeable to buy a set of these and run them in a high hp truck. you are completely unknown, with a completely unproven product, and with no evidence other than your word that they are strong and that they are in your truck.

good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
you've broken Manley and Carillo rods in a duramax? at what power range? due to another hard part failure or just under power? I'm not saying I doubt you but well, i sort of do doubt that. breaking them under power is a very rare occurrence and takes a tremendous amount of power. usually a piston will fail first.

I think you will be hard pressed to get anyone knowledgeable to buy a set of these and run them in a high hp truck. you are completely unknown, with a completely unproven product, and with no evidence other than your word that they are strong and that they are in your truck.

good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

thanks

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Your biggest hurdle here is the whole duramax tuner incident. Many still remember promises of a cheaper rod that could take some power, and how well that ended. Your 2nd problem is you're an unknown, and many after being burned by a known, will not give an unknown a chance. I wish you luck, but I fear these will be a tough sell.

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
thanks mate i know itll be hard to get in but i thought i might aswell working on other things aswell ill keep using them as i have faith in them im willing to do some cheaper fir teaters for first couple of sets

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
You've got a big hurdle to overcome. I personally saw the failed rods and was having a local machinist make me a set when I pulled the plug (not worth the risk for me).

If you SERIOUS about the quality claims of this rod, you would GIVE a set to a reputable builder and have them tested (say Fleece).

If they give you their blessing, then you will be selling rods hand over fist at that price. I'd buy a set (maybe two).

Pootrol

Aug 24, 2015
a tad more weight than i wanted but didnt want to sacrifice and strength they balanced up great in the 3 engines we have built