LMM: New Danville 68MM Stg2R Review

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
I need to make a trip up there to get on the ol dyno n get me one of these turbos but I'm on the fence.. I'd like to try to stay at 650 bc I'll still have stock inj n stock pump so not sure if I wana go with my stock/475 or the sgt2r!!! I know it would b a lot cleaner under the good n not as cluttered with the single. What do u think mark? Mostly a track truck but I still like to make my rounds around town n show these dodges n ford's what up! Lol

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I need to make a trip up there to get on the ol dyno n get me one of these turbos but I'm on the fence.. I'd like to try to stay at 650 bc I'll still have stock inj n stock pump so not sure if I wana go with my stock/475 or the sgt2r!!! I know it would b a lot cleaner under the good n not as cluttered with the single. What do u think mark? Mostly a track truck but I still like to make my rounds around town n show these dodges n ford's what up! Lol

I am curious to hear what Mark has to say with your truck here. I am all over the VGTs for a dual purpose truck but as a track truck that only sees the street on a rare occasion I would be tempted with a big non variable single.

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Mark Didn't you make 800 on a stock LBZ for a while? I want to push mine to about 650 but that scares me lol I couldn't imagine 750 :eek:

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
I am curious to hear what Mark has to say with your truck here. I am all over the VGTs for a dual purpose truck but as a track truck that only sees the street on a rare occasion I would be tempted with a big non variable single.

That would b great at the track but I sure don't like a laggy truck on the street. Lol

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I honestly prefer the stg2R over stock/twins hands down because of the response rate. I would do it first and if you thought you needed more then twin over it for the baddest setup period. Yes, I made 820hp on my stock motor for a little while but that was after several years of 650++hp with twins. I don't get too nervous about the hp until your north of the 700hp range because then it becomes a crap shot. The torque is honestly the bigger issue with longevity of the motor so if you keep the torque in check vs. rpm then you are fine usually. Lighter the truck is also allows for more hp too!

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Just got my truck running a few days ago. Absolutely loving this thing in my lbz with my 1058. Hands down best charger for what I want out of my truck. Words can't describe how pleased I am with it, especially paired with a transmission from Evan...thing shifts like butter.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Thank u very much for ur response and advice! My truck is pretty light but want it down some more to help out my times n not having to push motor as hard.. It's 5500 now so mayb I can get it down more in the off season! Seems like The off season now bc it rains everyday around here lately!! Anyway I'd really like to bring up there and really get it dialed in for the track. I'd really like to see a 10.999 this year! Lol

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Just got my truck running a few days ago. Absolutely loving this thing in my lbz with my 1058. Hands down best charger for what I want out of my truck. Words can't describe how pleased I am with it, especially paired with a transmission from Evan...thing shifts like butter.

I like to hear that bc I have the 1058 in my truck! I need to get me sum of those new springs from Mike L tho!
What did u have bf the stg2r if u don't mind me askin?

Last edited:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I had a billet wheel box 366. I like it but didn't care for the fact that I had to be around 2200 rpm and up for the charger to really perform well. I live at 5300 ft so it was retarded laggy. For guys that say there is no lag and drives like stock I don't care there is no way. Yes tuning and converter and fuel help but it doesn't perform like this stg2r does. At least that's what I've found so far. I think the 366 has its place though. I did get awesome economy and super low egts but drivability was down for me so I made the swap

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
The stg2r drives better than stock in my opinion lights quicker pulls harder and when it brakes you go into the windshield lol all around very happy with mine! I don't see a need for fixed vane when this turbo can keep egts down while maintain daily drivability and being able to push enough air for 800hp ... Mark got this one right I mean dead on :thumb:

colorado.dmax

Apr 19, 2015
Anybody with an LLY try this charger yet? I'm starting to get excited to receive mine!! I imagine it must spool a fair bit better than a stock LLY charger considering it's the biggest?

Koa96727

Oct 1, 2013
The stg2r drives better than stock in my opinion lights quicker pulls harder and when it brakes you go into the windshield lol all around very happy with mine! I don't see a need for fixed vane when this turbo can keep egts down while maintain daily drivability and being able to push enough air for 800hp ... Mark got this one right I mean dead on :thumb:

You got any. Video of your truck driving around with the vanes open ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
They really arnt to loud definitely notice the whistle still driveabilitys not bad they do take a while to spool but over 2k rpms I can still make about 20psi of boost at 0% vain position lol

What do u mean they take a while to spool? Tho they spool as quick if not quicker then stock?

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
What do u mean they take a while to spool? Tho they spool as quick if not quicker then stock?

Vains being held at 0% lol stocker probly can't build any boost at 0% and this one can build 20+psi lol

In no way shape or form was I saying it takes a while to spool normally just in my special tune with the vain wide open ;)

Last edited: