LMM: New Danville 68MM Stg2R Review

DrtyMax07

Dec 12, 2008
Had my 4094 upgraded to the Stg2R. It is definitely as advertised. Mark was great to deal with as others have mentioned as well. Pulls my buggy like it's not even back there. Trying to upload pics, we'll see if it works.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 52

DrtyMax07

Dec 12, 2008
Only let me upload one pic in first post. Here is a pic of the buggy. This was the first time towing with this turbo and it pulls hard non stop, has zero lag. No Egt's yet (junk pyro).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 50

Brassfield

Jan 14, 2014
West Plains, MO
If it wasn't for stock class pulling rules I would just run a 68 Stage 2R on our shop work truck, but because of them I started with one of Mark's 68 Stage 2Rs and built a stock appearing 2.5" turbo with a stock front cover and a 3794BMW wheel. It turned out awesome for towing, ran 11.81 @ 115 on it's first 1/4 mile pass and won 2 classes of pulling at it's last event. At Rudy's it took 4th in the work stock class and was 2 feet behind a built motor, stage 2 head, 9100 cam, truck with a Danville 72mm on it (shouldn't have been in the stock class, but after I tuned it the next day it would have been a lot further than 2 feet ahead of the work truck). Even though it isn't an out of the box Stage 2R, it is still a testament to how awesome the 68 is if you can get away with running it. And even if you want a stock appearing one built like mine, Mark could take care of that for you - I just didn't have time before Rudy's to get one from him and had a 68 and a 3794BMW wheel on the shelf, so I did it myself - I will not be making or selling them.

Here's a video of one of the pulls - I got red flagged and had to let out before hitting pavement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8xN3vIRr3I

Was it a pewter excab your talking about?