LMM: New Danville 68MM Stg2R Review

james.queen.16

Mar 14, 2015
How about starting it up with new charger (stg2r) but stock charger tunes? Not necessarily to drive it around, but to just get it out of the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
How about starting it up with new charger (stg2r) but stock charger tunes? Not necessarily to drive it around, but to just get it out of the shop.

Yes you can do that but it won't drive down the road. You can unplug the oil control solenoid and then it is driveable until you get the tuning fixed.

james.queen.16

Mar 14, 2015
I should be able to tune it when I pick it up, just wanted to be able to tell the shop guys how to handle it after the install (I know, taking the easy way out). Goes in Tuesday! Can't wait!
BTW, Thanks for the reply Mark, appreciate the input from the man!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Dynoed a truck today with this turbo with 60%inj 12mmcp3 and stock motor LBZ. At 50psi it made 758hp 1486ftlbs! Guy said to blow the motor but I couldn't bring myself to do it so I stopped here with it. It's a beast on the street to say the least!:thumb:

Attachments

• B68mm STG2R.jpg
    B68mm STG2R.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 48

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Dynoed a truck today with this turbo with 60%inj 12mmcp3 and stock motor LBZ. At 50psi it made 758hp 1486ftlbs! Guy said to blow the motor but I couldn't bring myself to do it so I stopped here with it. It's a beast on the street to say the least!:thumb:

That's pretty dedicated to making power lmao

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Awesome! Love his mentality

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
You weren't kidding when you said it won't run without tuning! I'll be emailing you tomorrow for some

I just unplugged the vane solenoid to drive it some.

Last edited:

colorado.dmax

Apr 19, 2015

How much more can this turbo be pushed with a built motor and enough fuel?

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
How much more can this turbo be pushed with a built motor and enough fuel?

That is a funny questions beings is this is already far exceeding safe stock bottom end territory. Note: Mark said he couldn't bring himself to punish the little stock motor any harder even though the owner said blow it up.

BTW Mark it is an inadament object it has no feelings you don't have to feel bad:hug:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
That is a funny questions beings is this is already far exceeding safe stock bottom end territory. Note: Mark said he couldn't bring himself to punish the little stock motor any harder even though the owner said blow it up.

BTW Mark it is an inadament object it has no feelings you don't have to feel bad:hug:

Lol, true but I really didn't want to clean the mess up! He will blow it up eventually on his time and we will make it bigger and better then.:thumb:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Lol, true but I really didn't want to clean the mess up! He will blow it up eventually on his time and we will make it bigger and better then.:thumb:

True true I didn't think about that possibly:roflmao: I don't know how open everything on your dyno is but some I have seen would really suck to clean out, having to pull deck plates and clean a pit would be no fun:roflmao: