LMM: New Danville 68MM Stg2R Review

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Yes it's awesome especially since the cops in town hate the whistle... Now it's no louder than a Harley with minimal whistle and quiet warm ups... I asked Mark if he could do it when I was there and I'm glad he did... I originally thought it may be a waste of a tune but I figured I had 5 slots might as well try it!

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Lol same problem with the girlfriend with it being a variable vane when it would get louder and quieter at the same speed she'd always tell me to quit showing off :roflmao:

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
If you want to see how it sounds in your truck unplug the map sensor and the ecm will command 0% vane position all the time... As funny as this is I forgot to plug my map sensor in after installing it and actually blew a boot off the y bridge so even at 0% vane it still builds a fair bit of boost :D

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Girlfriend^ lmao right!! Haha how was the install and everything else you did:thumb: bud?

Hey now :D honestly though she hates it now :roflmao: other than that everything came together rather quickly I had everything off the truck and was waiting on parts and started putting everything back on Thursday evening. I finished up Saturday around 3 am drove it Sunday morning discovered there was an oil leak coming off the turbo return :mad: so I tried tightening and ended up just pulling the turbo back out it wasn't a bad leak but I wasnt about to drive 300 miles and have it piss on marks dyno... Got the turbo set back in around 10 pm Sunday drove the wheels off of it let the truck set an hr while I did other stuff and no more leak :happy2: I got my fender skirts and everything buttoned up a little past midnight and was back up at 3 and left for danville at 4am Monday... Seeing how much I changed I was Leary to hop in and go but about 2500 miles later she runs better than ever and gets 22mpg doing it (or 7 sometimes but we won't go there haha) and I can beat on it as hard as I want and don't see egts over 1075-1100 which I'm happy with but after talking to mark I don't think I'd mind if I saw it peak at 1800 I really enjoyed talking to him and I learned a ton, I could tell he was excited to teach someone about diesels and efi along with other stuff. He was a super nice guy and made you feel like no question was a dumb question even though I'm sure I asked a couple of them lol and then we went for a quick spin in white lightning and man does she scoot around 650 hp I couldn't imagine driving her around 1100 also the sounds a duramax makes at 5000 rpms is pretty cool too :D

Last edited:

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Thinking of selling my 72mm and switching to this 68. Think I could get away with 100 overs on the 68?

Ask Mark he told me when I was there that bigger sticks weren't necessary but he likes them... Just not sure how much bigger lol this turbo lights so quick I'd guess maybe it would be a little smokey down low but it would clean up fast... Take everything I just said with a grain of salt as I have no clue but would think it makes sense lol

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
When I talked to Whitney at Danville she had me leaning towards 45s or 60s I think that would wake mine up even more...just gotta find the coin

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Agreed, We have a truck around here with a Danville 66 and 100s and WOW that thing is insane!! sounds like your truck is ready for a built trans some kinda bad lookin' at your sig

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Hopefully a trans and a retune this fall and be setting around 600 hp after that I have no intentions of building a motor anytime soon so don't know how far I want to push it lol and I need to figure out if I'm going with caltracs or traction bars... After that some rare parts front end parts so I can more safely mess around in 4wd after that I say I'll be content but I'm sure I'll keep tinkering lol

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
Kind of wish i didn't have an LML ... seems i really can't do much with my truck till they get the tuning stuff figured out :(

colorado.dmax

Apr 19, 2015
Anybody have any experience coming from twins to this? Just wondering how the spool up compares to a s475 over stock kit?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
For twins and an S475 I would do the BMWGt3794Stg2R turbo! If you have a B480 then the 68mm stg2R would be good choice. Proper charger sizing is very important for proper performance.

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
Stage 2r is with different vanes. The R turbos have very aggressive vanes and require proper tuning to perform properly.

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
If you get a charger with the R vanes, you have to let your tuner know that it is the R charger. If not the truck will run like crap!