New Colorado ordering

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
I took a quick weekend trip down to SE Missouri. On my way back I ran by the Wentzville plant as a monotony buster. The Jack Cooper (trucking company) lot north of the plant had a car hauler full of colorados, many looked like they had the diesel fender badge.

Today I've also seen confirmation that some are reaching the dealers now. I've heard of two finally having invoices and are salable to the public.

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
Well looks like the oasis of mine being built next week was just that. I called last week to check to make sure everything was still on for my truck being built the week of 1/18 and no the truck has been re-accepted for production with no build date....:mad: I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks and if I don't hear a scheduled build date by then I'm gonna have to turn another route. As bad as I want one I need something to drive.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Personally, I'd like to see the price of the 2.8 in a stripped down base model reg cab 4x4. Not everyone wants the loaded versions. Maybe next year they will pull there heads from there asses and make it easier for those who want the smaller truck with a diesel in it.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Spent the weekend looking at rigs...My local dealer has a loaded Colorado V6 Z71 slt, with the 4x4 appearance package and steps..sweet looking truck, really...but 43k :eek: now add the $3,700 mini-Dmax and a key chain and you're talking about a 50k mid sized truck with "leatherette/cloth seats" :baby:

I can get a loaded 2016 BMW 328d, wagon, for that
That has real carbon and cow interior
And gets 36mpg/avg...
Yeah, I know its not a brick, err, I mean truck
Just sayin

Oh, and the salesman said they were not taking orders because they were already all backordered...basically saying they have all been allocated and pre sold for my region, I guess..but I'd also guess that whenever they actually DO hit the lots, there will be a number who walked from their deposit cuz it took Chevy so dang long

Last edited:

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Spent the weekend looking at rigs...My local dealer has a loaded Colorado V6 Z71 slt, with the 4x4 appearance package and steps..sweet looking truck, really...but 43k :eek: now add the $3,700 mini-Dmax and a key chain and you're talking about a 50k mid sized truck with "leatherette/cloth seats" :baby:

And gets 36mpg/avg...
Just sayin

Oh, and the salesman said they were not taking orders because they were already all backordered...basically saying they have all been allocated and pre sold for my region, I guess..but I'd also guess that whenever they actually DO hit the lots, there will be a number who walked from their deposit cuz it took Chevy so dang long

Since your looking at rigs, does that mean you sold your truck than? :confused:

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN

And gets 36mpg/avg...
Just sayin

You better Find another dealer, cause they are raping you. My dealer has loaded CC SB Canyon SLT V6 with leather and every option for 40k as we speak right now. The one I ordered is the same thing but with Duramax and a few more factory ordered accessories and MSRP is 44,170

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Neat little trucks, but the pricing will have to come way down for it be in my driveway. I don't see the benefit being great enough to warrant the price.

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
Neat little trucks, but the pricing will have to come way down for it be in my driveway. I don't see the benefit being great enough to warrant the price.

Everyone's needs are different. I have 3 full size trucks. One has 4x4 and a gooseneck hitch to pull a trailer if need be and the other two are both 2wd garage queens. I drive an average of 20k miles a year just to work alone. Rain, snow, sleet or sun. For me having a small truck with 4x4 that can achieve 30mpg that is gonna get me to and from work the easiest and most efficient way possible is well worth the truck payment. Spending another 12-15k on an LML with the same comfort options that gets 1/2-1/3 less mpg and can do the same thing is totally arrogant.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
Well looks like the oasis of mine being built next week was just that. I called last week to check to make sure everything was still on for my truck being built the week of 1/18 and no the truck has been re-accepted for production with no build date....:mad:

Same here. Back to no TPW. I have seen a few deliveries, but those are some of the few that were built ~7 weeks ago.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

I agree, If they were under 40k I'd consider one for a shop truck. What's the max tow rating on them?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
You better Find another dealer, cause they are raping you. My dealer has loaded CC SB Canyon SLT V6 with leather and every option for 40k as we speak right now. The one I ordered is the same thing but with Duramax and a few more factory ordered accessories and MSRP is 44,170
Base price of that particular truck was 36k before $7700 dealer installed options (Baja bumper w/lights, steps, fender flares, blackout emblems etc) think it had a 2" lift and slightly larger tires too???

Since your looking at rigs, does that mean you sold your truck than? :confused:

Yup, I'm done, its done and will be up.for sale as soon as its home

Russ is putting a solid low mile used engine in, probably with new injectors and he will be talking all my performance parts off and trying to sell and swap the built trans for me, too...should have some parts for sale on the forum soon. The truck will be an emissions compliant, tuned, lifted and geared, stock truck on cool wheels :D

IMHO, its a clean, tastefully modified CC/SB LBZ. That will have new injectors and almost new CP3 (from my old engine)
It should sell quick here in the PNW

But, at least now I can trade out of it, if necessary... Which is A HUGE BENIFIT!!!

RUSS HAS BEEN AWESOME!!!!
I Couldn't have asked for a more patient, cooperative and understanding man to work with.
Anything I can think of to say, about my experience with Russ and RPM, falls short of how I want it to be heard...if that makes sense

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Base price of that particular truck was 36k before $7700 dealer installed options (Baja bumper w/lights, steps, fender flares, blackout emblems etc) think it had a 2" lift and slightly larger tires too???

Yup, I'm done, its done and will be up.for sale as soon as its home

Russ is putting a solid low mile used engine in, probably with new injectors and he will be talking all my performance parts off and trying to sell and swap the built trans for me, too...should have some parts for sale on the forum soon. The truck will be an emissions compliant, tuned, lifted and geared, stock truck on cool wheels :D

IMHO, its a clean, tastefully modified CC/SB LBZ. That will have new injectors and almost new CP3 (from my old engine)
It should sell quick here in the PNW

But, at least now I can trade out of it, if necessary... Which is A HUGE BENIFIT!!!

RUSS HAS BEEN AWESOME!!!!
I Couldn't have asked for a more patient, cooperative and understanding man to work with.
Anything I can think of to say, about my experience with Russ and RPM, falls short of how I want it to be heard...if that makes sense
Huge props to russ. Glad it's going to work out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I agree, If they were under 40k I'd consider one for a shop truck. What's the max tow rating on them?
Somewhere around 7k. Not too bad.

I agree on the price though, it's way too much for me not to just go for a full size duramax. But as others have said it all depends what you need the truck for. I'd love the mpg but I need it to tow heavy.

Regardless it's a pretty cute little truck. I'm interested to see how the timing belt does.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Somewhere around 7k. Not too bad.

I agree on the price though, it's way too much for me not to just go for a full size duramax. But as others have said it all depends what you need the truck for. I'd love the mpg but I need it to tow heavy.

Regardless it's a pretty cute little truck. I'm interested to see how the timing belt does.

Think it has 7,700lb tow rating?

It's tough to accept that a mid sized truck, essentially the S-10/sonoma of the new age, with a CR diesel engine is a 40k truck...especially you guys that bought new LBZ's back in the day for 42k

But its also tough to accept that an identically equipped, 2016 Silvy/Sierra with a a Dmax is a +$65ktruck...

It's tough to accept that my weekly grocery bill for just me and my daughter is as much as it was for a family of 6 in the 80's, but, we do eat really "clean" foods tho and they do cost more

It's tough for me to accept that in my industry, my skill, my trade gets paid nearly the same amount today, as I did 10-12 years ago, heck, on a whole my trade might get paid less, now :eek:

Time to learn some new skills!!!
:spit:

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
Same here. Back to no TPW. I have seen a few deliveries, but those are some of the few that were built ~7 weeks ago.

I have found the identical equipped truck I ordered except in black instead of cyber grey 82mi from my house on a dealer lot for sale. It's real tempting just to drive a few miles and get one today. But I absolutely hate black. Or I could opt for a Colorado instead of a canyon and there are quite a bit out there on lots, all I would have to do is hop on a plane and fly to get one. I've done it before. But I'm gonna wait a couple weeks for production to start back up and if I don't hear something then we will see what is on some lots.

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
What were your impressions of it?

sounds like a Diesel VW jetta lol
Engine noise in cab is louder than I expected. my '15 full size is much more quite inside than the mid size. otherwise its a nice little truck, has some spunk. still having a hard time swallowing the price tag, but I've got one on order for R&D on parts/Turbo Kits here at the shop. really wanted a standard cab Long bed configuration but only Crews.

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
sounds like a Diesel VW jetta lol
Engine noise in cab is louder than I expected. my '15 full size is much more quite inside than the mid size. otherwise its a nice little truck, has some spunk. still having a hard time swallowing the price tag, but I've got one on order for R&D on parts/Turbo Kits here at the shop. really wanted a standard cab Long bed configuration but only Crews.

Did you happen to try out the exhaust brake and tow haul mode?

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
i did not. only drove it 5 miles from dealer to my shop and back to dealer. fuel light was blinking since i started it, gm must only give them a gallon or 2 is all just enough to get to fuel station haha