New Colorado ordering

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Okeana OH/West Lafayette IN
That is my truck. It was released for shipment over a week ago but then was pulled back with a hold and is sitting in Wentzville. It is currently at 4300. I have no idea when it will be shipped but it is my understanding the EPA testing is complete.

Does anyone know the reason for the hold or if it is short term or long term? I believe it applies to all diesels.

When they release it it is only a six hour truck ride away. :)

I assume they are just listing the truck on their website to get attention, if you ordered it for yourself? Kinda shady of them it seems.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
I assume they are just listing the truck on their website to get attention, if you ordered it for yourself? Kinda shady of them it seems.

Many of these systems are updated directly from GM systems.

Something else to consider is that even though we've ordered them, the trucks are in dealer possession until someone signs the paperwork. At any point someone can walk away, leaving the dealer to sell the vehicle.

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
After seeing that dealer add I sure as hell hope that the fuel mileage estimate is higher than that. The whole reason I ordered one of these is cause GM claimed it was going to be the most efficient truck on the market. Ram Eco-Diesels are getting that or better. I'll be upset if I can't achieve 25mpg in this truck before relying on tuning to help get it there.:mad:

dmcdufford

RetiredGuy
Nov 29, 2015
After seeing that dealer add I sure as hell hope that the fuel mileage estimate is higher than that. The whole reason I ordered one of these is cause GM claimed it was going to be the most efficient truck on the market. Ram Eco-Diesels are getting that or better. I'll be upset if I can't achieve 25mpg in this truck before relying on tuning to help get it there.:mad:

I think that is showing the V6 mileage. For the diesel 4wd highway is 29 and 2wd highway is 31.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
I think that is showing the V6 mileage. For the diesel 4wd highway is 29 and 2wd highway is 31.

Where/when did they release those? I don't think any have been released (although we all know most of those are false. The EcoD gets better than it's 29 rated, and some vehicles don't come close to their ratings).

I was hoping for more. Like 35-ish. They are significantly lighter than a Ram 1500.

dmcdufford

RetiredGuy
Nov 29, 2015
Where/when did they release those? I don't think any have been released (although we all know most of those are false. The EcoD gets better than it's 29 rated, and some vehicles don't come close to their ratings).

I was hoping for more. Like 35-ish. They are significantly lighter than a Ram 1500.

They were released a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-chevrolet-colorado-gmc-canyon-diesel-epa-rated-29-31-mpg-highway/

Note the "Real MPG Testing" results.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
That's sad then. Can't muster anything better? Although certainly at some point aerodynamics and the fact you're in a pickup and not a little car comes into play, but I was still expecting much better than that.

dmcdufford

RetiredGuy
Nov 29, 2015
That's sad then. Can't muster anything better? Although certainly at some point aerodynamics and the fact you're in a pickup and not a little car comes into play, but I was still expecting much better than that.

Actually I think the mileage on the twins is very good considering the regulatory environment. I am surprised with how good the mileage on the Ram is - that seems too good for a full size.

I wonder what a tune to dial back some of the emission stuff (EGR) would do for the diesel twins. I am guessing you could pick up a fair amount of power and mileage without a meaningful increase in emissions.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
As far as the ride and comfort of the new colorado/canyon how are they? If anyone has driven a loaded v6. Curious how they compare to the tacoma.

I was looking at getting another truck but mpg, ride, and overall driving comfort are important. I would love to drive the small duramax but still looking a few weeks out before one is near me.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
Yeah tuning and/or the D word would really unlock them. I'd say an honest 35 shouldn't be out of the question, cruising maybe 65-70.

I was just thinking/wishing/dreaming that if the 29-rated Ram gets in the 30+/- range pretty consistently it seems, a truck weighing nearly 1k lbs less should get a decent amount more. 35 may have been a push but, I guess we'll see what they get when they're out. Would be great if they tossed an 8 speed behind them.

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
As far as the ride and comfort of the new colorado/canyon how are they? If anyone has driven a loaded v6. Curious how they compare to the tacoma.

I was looking at getting another truck but mpg, ride, and overall driving comfort are important. I would love to drive the small duramax but still looking a few weeks out before one is near me.

I haven't even drove or rode in one yet. But I ordered one anyway haha. My dealer had a 2wd SLE ext cab gasser on the lot that I sat in that's about it. Neighbor up the road has one that is getting built in a week so as soon as his comes in I will get to drive one and pull a stock tune. :D. I'm just hoping my build date stays on schedule. Can't get this thing fast enough.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
I haven't even drove or rode in one yet. But I ordered one anyway haha. My dealer had a 2wd SLE ext cab gasser on the lot that I sat in that's about it. Neighbor up the road has one that is getting built in a week so as soon as his comes in I will get to drive one and pull a stock tune. :D. I'm just hoping my build date stays on schedule. Can't get this thing fast enough.

haha you are brave. I would be scared to hate it driving it for the cost.

Tuning will be fun :)))

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
I'm gonna like it I promise you. Lol. I sold my Jetta TDI and the LMM in my sig to buy this truck to drive the 60mi round trip I have to work everyday. Ever since the talks of this truck came out I told myself I was gonna own one. I still have three full size trucks to drive when I need them. This will just be my DD now instead of my Jetta .:woott:

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
Looks like production may be opening back up. Quite a few of us were recently assigned 12/14 TPW's

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I guess my TPW of 1/11 is some more BS then haha

Some shipping will go out of the yard. But there is no production during the down time for the holidays. We have some extra time down while there adding a few new lines to build more easier. We will also be building out on the cut away vans were there going to AMG to build so we can focus on the trucks more.