New Colorado ordering

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Yup, Brayden got his. :D

I think he cant actually take delivery yet though from the dealer because they're waiting on an invoice or something.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
Looks like production is still having issues. My TPW got pushed back yet again. I don't even have a TPW any more. Others have received TPW's of the second half of January and early February.

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
Dealer informed me yesterday that they swapped my truck and the other that was ordered. Looks mine will be getting built within the next week.:thumb: I know Brayden Fleece's Colorado came in last week. So they are finally getting out in the wild!

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
I sure hope you're right on yours. Mine has had 3 TPW's come and go with zero response to my dealers inquiries.

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
Yea me too, I called CS last week just to check up on my dealer to make sure they were giving me correct information and they told me exactly what my dealer had told me earlier that my production week was scheduled for 1/18. Then to my surprise yesterday my salesman text me and said they flip flopped production dates on the two Canyon Duramax's that they ordered and that mine would be first produced. He even sent me the screenshot of his computer screen to verify order number and events. Looks like I'm on code 3300 as of 12/10.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
Rumor is production is scheduled to ramp up mid January. I just got confirmation that currently produced trucks are scheduled to ship.

Makes me wonder if Fleece's truck has been invoiced for delivery yet. At this point I'm guessing GM is clamoring to at least get one truck in customers hands for a PR win.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
We have been on Christmas and New Years we hut down since December 23rd. We start back up on January 19th 2016. We have a lot going on inside the plant right now with extra lines being added in so we can bank out more vans and trucks.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. At this point I think the increased capacity will help everyone involved. It seems like you guys are working like mad to keep up.

Is there any truth to the rumor that some trucks are still being built during the shutdown? I know people are still working, but unsure if that's plant/line maintenance or production.

My TPW seems to be holding solid at 12/18. Fingers crossed. :)

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. At this point I think the increased capacity will help everyone involved. It seems like you guys are working like mad to keep up.

Is there any truth to the rumor that some trucks are still being built during the shutdown? I know people are still working, but unsure if that's plant/line maintenance or production.

My TPW seems to be holding solid at 12/18. Fingers crossed. :)

When ran gaps on the line were the lines could be removed and moved around. The only work is most in material moving around stock and other parts out of the way for outside contractors to work. We also have a 100 of so workers doing work in the yard and at final to make repairs. So there is no production going on since body shop to paint has a large gap and the same to chassis has no vans or trucks. The gaps will get filled in after the 12th when testing the last lines. The everyone comes back on the 19th and back to building. Most the time I would work thru the holiday but I took all the time off to be away from there.

Evansdmax

Nov 29, 2015
Subd I wanna see where this goes!!! I would love to have one in a couple years!!

08 ccsb lt stock for now

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I just read that GM was allowed to start shipping them by the US Gov. Seems all the manufacturers were cheating on the diesel tuning and had to be re-certified by EPA.

Last edited:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I just read that GM was allowed to start shipping them by the US Gov. Seems all the manufacturers were cheating on the diesel tuning and had to be re-certified by EPA.

Where did you read that others manufacturers were cheating on the tuning?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Where did you read that others manufacturers were cheating on the tuning?

I edited my quote as I had too many words in my original post.

Can't remember all the places I found info. Seems all the Europeans were cheating along with GM in Europe.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
$40,000+ for a Colorado/Canyon with a diesel?!? No thanks. Looks like BBT is going to get those new rocker panels and drivetrain after all.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
$40,000+ for a Colorado/Canyon with a diesel?!? No thanks. Looks like BBT is going to get those new rocker panels and drivetrain after all.

I felt the same way. Seems too high just for a midsize truck. You can pick up half ton cheaper than that.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Did they supposedly not ship any, or did some 'officially' make it out into the 'wild'? I saw one in a local supermarket parking lot a few weeks ago.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Did they supposedly not ship any, or did some 'officially' make it out into the 'wild'? I saw one in a local supermarket parking lot a few weeks ago.

Cougar
We have a lot of pilot diesels running around the area. Was it red or blue there the 2 that stay around the area the most.

These 2 get around a lot.

Tag on the one most look the same.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Cougar
We have a lot of pilot diesels running around the area. Was it red or blue there the 2 that stay around the area the most.

These 2 get around a lot.

Tag on the one most look the same.
I didn't take note of the plate, but it was red or maroon.