New Colorado ordering

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
We have been building a few here and there. We have had a few break down in the plant. Place and people gets worn thin working 7 days a week non stop.

You've had a few of the new Duramax powered Colorado's break down in the plant?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1509...10153712932628945&adbpl=fb&adbpr=128475818944

So they are on Hold because VW ****ed up. GM should charge VW for costing them money and time

Aint it great how the epa got ALL of the attention off of them over that spill, and are now the saviors of the public again all in one fail swoop. I'm not condoning what vw did, but the timing of it just seems way to coincidental. And all these articles are pushing invisible emissions dangers, sc a ring the unknowing public away from diesels all together.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Pretty sure the VW fiasco has them on hold. I believe I read that after the VW diesel fiasco, the EPA came out with new testing mthods to measure the emissions, so it had to be recertified under the new regs.

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
Just got confirmation today from the dealer that mine has been accepted for production. I'm hoping its here before Christmas so Santa Claus can leave me a BDS lift and some nice wheels and tires under the tree.:thumb: I ordered it the week before Halloween. So I'm glad things are finally moving with it. Im pumped.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Got a link? I'm curious to see them side by side .
Found these on YB.

15277232878_81990a1f53_h.jpg

15277287877_5dfd829329_h.jpg

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
Mine is a Canyon SLT in Cyber Grey Metallic.....just can't get passed the mini van looking style of the Colorado. IMO the Canyon looks just like an HD but smaller. Can't wait to get it.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
So are any Colorado's with the Dmax being delivered yet??

So far I've had 4 different TPW's. I had gone out to broadcast for a TPW this week before it got pushed to 12/14. I checked in earlier today and I'm back to 3000 with no TPW.

So far I only know of 2 trucks (built this week) that are destined for the wild. We should be seeing a few at least trickle into dealers within the next month.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
I just noticed for the first time (its been a few weeks since I last looked) you can select the duramax option on the Chevrolet/GMC website when building a colorado/canyon

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
We heard that delivery is being delayed until towards the end of Q1 2016 due to the VW saga and additional testing. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Cheers
Cindy

Between us being overloaded with orders and VW added to it. There will be more testing to make sure nothing fails. EPA is targeting our truck for testing.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
My salesman was finally able to give me a price today. After the 3900$ for the Duramax and all other packages that come with it total was $55,500

Yeah no. Pretty sure that's not accurate.

I'll wait for the 8 speed auto. Heard too many problems with the 6 speed not being able to find the right gear at the right time.

Wait. Did they confirm the 8 speed will be put in? If so I'd certainly wait.

Haven't heard anything about that, unless I misread the convo:D

dmcdufford

RetiredGuy
Nov 29, 2015

That is my truck. It was released for shipment over a week ago but then was pulled back with a hold and is sitting in Wentzville. It is currently at 4300. I have no idea when it will be shipped but it is my understanding the EPA testing is complete. I am aware of three other completed trucks that I believe are in the same situation.

Does anyone know the reason for the hold or if it is short term or long term? I believe it applies to all diesels.

When they release it it is only a six hour truck ride away. :)

Last edited: