May '24 Chat -- MayDay, a holiday or a cry for help?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Adam, that Sub dually is pretty much what I expected.

Liked the guard rabbits, though. Who knew you could train them to do that? Life imitates a Monty Python movie, eh? "Run away! Run away! Keep running!"

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Anybody in the Midwest (Minnesota preferably) have a good 4L60E laying around? Just blew the tranny in the ‘01 Tahoe. It went in an odd way, but it has 335k on it, so it did well.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Anybody in the Midwest (Minnesota preferably) have a good 4L60E laying around? Just blew the tranny in the ‘01 Tahoe. It went in an odd way, but it has 335k on it, so it did well.
What happened to it? I have one sitting here but I haven't gone through it yet, and I'm pretty far away

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

There ya go, Adam.

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state

There ya go, Adam.
Those are nice and reasonably priced for Michigan vehicles IMO.
The mental predicament I'm facing, ~8k plus what every needs fixed from either neglect or just wear and tear, or take that $$$ and it will build the LQ4 and most of a built 4L85 cost which is 2700 plus TC of my choice

This one is local to me and its almost identical to mine

Last edited:

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
What happened to it? I have one sitting here but I haven't gone through it yet, and I'm pretty far away
Was getting up to speed and pulling in 2nd with slightly heavy throttle, and it let go like it was thrown into neutral. Still had 1 and 3. Next day, all was fine. Following day had 2 and 4. Now it only has 1, and won’t even attempt to shift. 1 and R are holding tight. Just seems different than other blown trannys I’ve experienced.

The exterior of truck is a bit rough, but the interior is amazing and I drive it all the time. Just not sure I want to throw $1K for a rebuilt tranny and converter at a truck with 335K on it. . . .

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Hoping to take the wife to Northern Minnesota next week. Would be fun to camp, but it’s still close to freezing at night, so will probably take the camper. I need to throw new brakes in it before we leave though. . . .

Reactions: Dm23

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Was getting up to speed and pulling in 2nd with slightly heavy throttle, and it let go like it was thrown into neutral. Still had 1 and 3. Next day, all was fine. Following day had 2 and 4. Now it only has 1, and won’t even attempt to shift. 1 and R are holding tight. Just seems different than other blown trannys I’ve experienced.

The exterior of truck is a bit rough, but the interior is amazing and I drive it all the time. Just not sure I want to throw $1K for a rebuilt tranny and converter at a truck with 335K on it. . . .
Shit $1k is cheap, probably have that much in parts

Probably the band, used in 2nd and 4th. Could be a lot of other small stuff too, plenty of places for hydraulic leaks. With those miles if I rebuilt it I'd throw a Sonnax valve body on it, they run around $500 themselves

Reactions: Hoser

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Got a weekend trip tomorrow to San Antonio for a Taekwondo competition. Plan on going to Sea World and whatever else we have time for. We had some friends coming along, but one of their kids fell and broke her elbow this week. Just had surgery today and got 2 pins in it. We are going to miss them.

It's been an accident filled few weeks. Though my daughter broke something in our shoulder on the trampoline. Then she we thought she broke her foot earlier this week sparring.

Reactions: Dm23