lowered truck pics

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
This should work:

Chock the front wheels, lift the truck with a floor jack at the hitch till the tires/wheels are off the ground. (haven't bent mine yet by doing so) Place jack stands under the frame rails, relocate the floor jack to pumpkin of the rear end and then jack the rear end up and down as needed......:D

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I pulled the hitch. Took literally 2 mins and made a ton extra room. Jack stands under the rear frame rails and jack up the diff as needed

Antiher03

Nov 10, 2013
Utah
myzemezy.jpg

Before

asu3ese4.jpg

With 2" shackle

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
I'm about to order some wheels are tires and wanted to make sure my sizes are right. 20x9 wheels with a -12 offset. Tires will be 305-50-20 nitto 420's I'm going for something kinda like this but I think these are 20x10?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
One member on another site suggested the new crossmember is cheaper than catching/hanging up on the OEM crossmember and yanking on your Allison and causing more damage.
My crossmember took a huge hit on a tree stump that I didn't see as I was crossing over an old fence row. It bent it up about 2", but the transmission was unharmed. I'd scraped and hit it several times before that, but after it was bent, I fabricated a new higher clearance crossmember. I posted pictures of it here.

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
My crossmember took a huge hit on a tree stump that I didn't see as I was crossing over an old fence row. It bent it up about 2", but the transmission was unharmed. I'd scraped and hit it several times before that, but after it was bent, I fabricated a new higher clearance crossmember. I posted pictures of it here.
Josh what did u use to make yours and do u think 5/16 plate would be stout enough for a crossmember? Sorry to derail :eek:. Luke why the wheel change man those look beastly!

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Have you done any trimming? I'm taking my lift off and want to go with a similar set up as yours but I'm willing to do some aggressive trimming if I have to haha

Yea but it rubs on the actual fender and I'm not cutting that haha it's not horrible you learn your turning radius pretty fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk