lowered truck pics

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Glad I have a 1 ton srw. Its only getting 3" shackles and lower the front down a tad....at least for now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Gotcha. I'm wantin to use the coilovers 408.Lukes been helping develop but not sure how much actual drop they'll give. This is pretty low i know but with the DJM thin trans cross-member i dont think it would be an issue. 1" taller LCA shock mounts would raise it up a hair more

he used stock LCA's, with the DJM LCA's and the coilovers you would be way too low.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Sorry i haven't been on, Ive been having a busy semester. A few things one the coilovers, DJM LCA's shouldn't affect ride hight with them. Im not 100% sure on this but Dustin should be able to confirm, he has been running the coilovers with the DJM LCA's for awhile now. As for how much drop you get out of them, I really don't know the exact number, but if your looking for something less than mine i would suggest getting some coil spacers instead of the shock extenders. (this link is just for a general idea of what I'm talking about. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genesis-Tec...N-GC1031-/380839445314?_trksid=p2054897.l4275) On the CV angle, i have had zero issues but i rarely use my 4x4 so that may have something to do with it. And just to reference to how low the truck is, It can not get up a standard height curb because the trans crossmemeber is to low.

Now on the matter of the air bag brackets, would a posting a CAD drawling with all the specs be good enough for everyone? Thats something i could easily do and post. Having them made doesn't look like a possibility anytime soon. The shop is way to busy finishing builds up for TX2K14 and I'm taking 15hrs of serious classes and my spring break is going to consist of fixing my mini, and helping out at TX2K, which for us is Wednesday to Sunday during spring break.

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
he used stock LCA's, with the DJM LCA's and the coilovers you would be way too low.
I understand but i was talking about DJM's trans crossmember. they make a low profile one thats flush with the bottom of our frames where as the factory crossmember hangs down about 3" lower than the frame. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/djm-cm2699/overview/model/silverado-2500-hd it would be helpful if u encountered speed bumps often or or have less than perfect roads. fabing one out of the stock crossmember doesnt look like it would be that hard. just cut the height off needed weld it to some plate steel and drill your holes :thumb:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I understand but i was talking about DJM's trans crossmember. they make a low profile one thats flush with the bottom of our frames where as the factory crossmember hangs down about 3" lower than the frame. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/djm-cm2699/overview/model/silverado-2500-hd it would be helpful if u encountered speed bumps often or or have less than perfect roads. fabing one out of the stock crossmember doesnt look like it would be that hard. just cut the height off needed weld it to some plate steel and drill your holes :thumb:

Interesting, I didn't know they made that. I've scraped my cross member on a few speed bumps with just a 3/5 drop. My poor traction bars too, I just don't go that way anymore though.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The DJM LCA's re-clock the torsion bar, so they don't have any affect on ride height with coilovers.

I didn't know the torsion bar created the drop with the djm LCA I guess it makes sense.

I do remember Dustin saying his truck was too low with the coilovers though, way lower then Luke's truck so I dunno what they did differently besides control arms.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I feel like I look at this thread every day! Can't wait til the weather clear up a bit so I can get my new wheels and tires on the truck. Can't wait to see the ass end with a rollpan, hidden hitch, 3" drop, and 305 420s on 20x10s. Hope it looks half as good as the trucks in this thread!!!

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
408.Luke could u post a pic with a measurement of the distance from ground to frame/crossmember? Im just curious what the actual clearance is.

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
I could actually get my buddy to cut them out if enough guys were interested... And possibly on a cheap side.but just depends.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
I will try and get to the CAD drawling this weekend. On ground clearance I have about 4 7/8" of clearance to the trans crossmember and 6 3/4" to the frame under the cab. The front wheel from hub center to fender is a bit over 18" as well. I just went out and took the measurements and the truck is in the street so its not exactly lever ground but should give you an idea.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
One member on another site suggested the new crossmember is cheaper than catching/hanging up on the OEM crossmember and yanking on your Allison and causing more damage.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
thanks for the pics:thumb:. in your opinion would a thin crossmember be worth the coin for a little more clearance?

No problem. A thin crossmember doesn't mean it will be weaker. I dot have one because I don't really have a need for the extra clearnce.

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
Thanks guys. i didnt think there would be a strength problem with it but for the price of buyin DJMs i think making one from the stock crossmember and a piece of plate steel would be just as strong and cheaper to

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Thanks guys. i didnt think there would be a strength problem with it but for the price of buyin DJMs i think making one from the stock crossmember and a piece of plate steel would be just as strong and cheaper to

More power to you if you want to do it yourself. The DJM crossmember is proven just make sure your's is strong enough, I hate to hear how you broke your trans case.