LMM not responding to rail pressure tuning changes

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I feel stupid for asking this because I'm almost certain I have been able to control it in the past, but does anyone know if there are certain operating systems that don't correctly alter the desired rail pressure in the tune? I recently purchased an LMM, and it isn't doing what I want it to do for rail pressure. I thought I might ask here if anyone knows a good OS or calibration I should be looking for before I go through all the stock files I have trying to find one that works. Thanks for the help!

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Where does it not respond at Josh? Higher RPMs WOT im guessing or? I always have got along with the 8594 OS I threw one OS to the side for the LMM as I couldn't get the mm3 to respond where I wanted it but I'd have to look at my computer for which OS it was.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Which OS Josh? Van or Kodiak? Or pickup truck?

Ive had a couple little questions recently ive been embarrassed about asking 10 years after I started tuning, so dont feel badly. :) :eek:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It isn't following at all what I put in the table anywhere. It's a 2008 pickup. I talked to another tuner, and he told me that only the tune in the very first 2007 trucks will respond to changing it in the tune.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
It isn't following at all what I put in the table anywhere. It's a 2008 pickup. I talked to another tuner, and he told me that only the tune in the very first 2007 trucks will respond to changing it in the tune.
Which os? Our send me your os in case I don't gave it to look at. So far I haven't had any problems with that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
When I talked to Mark B there is only one operating system of LMM....

There's two, but one will crap out after a while. xxx594 is the one to use. The RP will respond in areas other than idle. At idle you can change it all day long and it won't do dick :mad: You need to trick the ECT tables to get that up. I went round and round with mine after I did the LBZ 40 over tips, and threw in the towel. Mark took over and got it better over email, and then finally got it right when I took it to him for a dyno tune. It's a PITA, but at least it's not an LML :D

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Did a full write onetime when the dpf delete wouldn't work as changed. Never a fuel rail pressure issue, JoshH

12628594 ccsb
12617103 Might have been a cab and chassis with pto module

Here are a couple of lmm os #'s I can get to easy

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I tried to do my own tune for my lmm and it ran like crap. It had weird dead area at 15-1800 rpm. The vgt would come in and out. I never could figure it out. Emailed my base file to Tony @ ridgerunner and it runs great with his tunes.
Not sure if he altered FRP or not but I can post up my base O.S. if you want to try it.
Ccsb LT 4x4 2010

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Sorry Mitch, but there was a work around I was told in private. If the guy wants it known publicly, he can post it here. I'm not going to share someone else's work though.

Killerbee

Got Honey?
Known issue.

This was an issue 5 years ago, that never rec'd attention because few ever dig into the refinement aspect of tuning, vs top end performance. Multiple dead threads exist. The feedback never got any traction back then because staffing would prefer not to solve a problem for one person, despite being raised in multiple threads over time. I assume beta testers never ran into it either. If there is an issue with the software, this should be communicated to EFILive, at a minimum. Software issues do not qualify as trade tuning secrets.