Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Truck will run like ass and not shift properly.

DO NOT TURN MAF OFF.........or you can but I will be right again

:thumb:

What is your problem? No one is telling him to run it all the time with it off. It was a suggestion to see if it is MAF sensor related. If shutting it off makes it start fueling, then he can go about figuring out what is making the MAF sensor to cause the problem and turn it back on. I'm sorry your ego was bruised by people questioning whether or not it was a tuning issue, but that's no reason to act like a dick to people who are trying to help him figure it out. If he wasn't looking for assistance in getting it figured out, I don't think he would have started this thread. Drop the attitude, ok?

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
What is your problem? No one is telling him to run it all the time with it off. It was a suggestion to see if it is MAF sensor related. If shutting it off makes it start fueling, then he can go about figuring out what is making the MAF sensor to cause the problem and turn it back on. I'm sorry your ego was bruised by people questioning whether or not it was a tuning issue, but that's no reason to act like a dick to people who are trying to help him figure it out. If he wasn't looking for assistance in getting it figured out, I don't think he would have started this thread. Drop the attitude, ok?

I don't have a problem, I think you might........you don't get it either, I type the words, how you read into it is your problem.

I have spoken to the shop owner at great length, the MAF sensor shows data changes, the truck does not fuel if its enabled. I spoke to him Sunday Morning, we spoke again this morning, when he has some time we are going to try a few different things.

Since you brought it up, I don't have an ego so there is nothing to bruise, what I do have is little tolerance for mis-information and advice from people to rid a truck of a sensor and or just shut things off because it makes it easy.

As far as you think I was being a dick, not hardly, I just explained what I know and why I do not think its a tuning issue and I still don't think it is a tuning issue since all the other advice he was given by other in here did not solve the problem.............:baby:

So since you have such concern about this have any expert advice to offer ????

Would you like a stab at it yourself ???

If not and if you have nothing to add for a diagnosis at this point then what would you think is the problem,. ?

How about I post the stock tune here and all you helpful members can send Jim a locked tune, unless the anti tune lockers want to send their work unlocked, after all its not big deal.

PM the OP for his email and start sending your best tunes to try.

And just so nobodies panties get wadded up I want to say I am not giving anyone an attitude, if you don't get that I speak directly and plainly as well as type my thoughts the same way maybe you should start wearing a dress instead of pants......................and that was sarcasm.

Attachments

• Mafless_Tuning_Helpful_Forum LBZ_TIS.ctz
    1 MB · Views: 7

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
You can turn off the maf sensor to diagnose an electrical problem. Doesn't have to be "in the tune". If it works fine without it referencing it, that could mean something is faulty with it. Nothing wrong with giving ones opinion lol. And what kind of shifting problems have you had with lbz? Cause alot of us haven't seen that issue

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I don't have a problem, I think you might........you don't get it either, I type the words, how you read into it is your problem.

I have spoken to the shop owner at great length, the MAF sensor shows data changes, the truck does not fuel if its enabled. I spoke to him Sunday Morning, we spoke again this morning, when he has some time we are going to try a few different things.

Since you brought it up, I don't have an ego so there is nothing to bruise, what I do have is little tolerance for mis-information and advice from people to rid a truck of a sensor and or just shut things off because it makes it easy.

As far as you think I was being a dick, not hardly, I just explained what I know and why I do not think its a tuning issue and I still don't think it is a tuning issue since all the other advice he was given by other in here did not solve the problem.............:baby:

If not and if you have nothing to add for a diagnosis at this point then what would you think is the problem,. ?

How about I post the stock tune here and all you helpful members can send Jim a locked tune, unless the anti tune lockers want to send their work unlocked, after all its not big deal.

And just so nobodies panties get wadded up I want to say I am not giving anyone an attitude, if you don't get that I speak directly and plainly as well as type my thoughts the same way maybe you should start wearing a dress instead of pants......................and that was sarcasm.

Tony, if you ever help the OP figure out his problem I am sure he will be a very happy person. One purpose of these forums is for people to share experiences and maybe, just maybe, those experiences will help someone else who is in need of ideas to address a issues that he or she is having. I guess you do not get the point of threads because you are blinded with your confidence, for a lack of a better word or you just don't think before you type. Do you know what the problem is? If so share it so someone else who has a similar problem could benefit. If you do not know, and I believe since he still has the problem you do not, stop being such a asshole to guys for making suggestions. There could be a number of items that cause the same problem. Information is not being transferred between a sensor and the ECM in some way prohibiting it to run properly. Could be a wire, a sensor,ECM issue or tuning issue. I am not saying it is a tuning issue either but I am intrigued to find out what is causing his issue.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Tony, if you ever help the OP figure out his problem I am sure he will be a very happy person. One purpose of these forums is for people to share experiences and maybe, just maybe, those experiences will help someone else who is in need of ideas to address a issues that he or she is having. I guess you do not get the point of threads because you are blinded with your confidence, for a lack of a better word or you just don't think before you type. Do you know what the problem is? If so share it so someone else who has a similar problem could benefit. If you do not know, and I believe since he still has the problem you do not, stop being such a asshole to guys for making suggestions. There could be a number of items that cause the same problem. Information is not being transferred between a sensor and the ECM in some way prohibiting it to run properly. Could be a wire, a sensor,ECM issue or tuning issue. I am not saying it is a tuning issue either but I am intrigued to find out what is causing his issue.

I guess you guys take the literal words typed on a forum too seriously, this is a problem with all forums, the way in which I type is the same way I speak, direct and without regard sometimes to how it might be interpreted by those who read only typed words and cannot hear my voice, it really is no harder than that.

What I am not is blinded by confidence, what I am is quite sure that thru the experiences I have had with these trucks and working thru shop builds and diagnosing them that the only changes to this truck was the elimination of a VVT and a larger set of injectors, that is it.

So I did not change the entire previously working tune, I simply did what was needed to shut down VVT codes and decrease what I needed in the fuel tables and timing tables for the bigger injectors.

All of the previously fine adjustments that mirror every other LBZ with these similar mods is in this tune in this truck, so what is the logical answer, that all the other trucks that I tuned with the same basic tune are all running fine by chance and this one is not because the tune is wrong, can you see the point I am making ???

Both of those changes I did will not cause the truck not to fuel, its not confidence, its to me just plain old common sense, its a basic re-tune, its not some exotic tripled turbo, triple cp3, its should be a walk in the park basic re-tune.

I don't get why everyone here thinks I am not hearing what your all trying to say, I get it, I did not explain why I don't think its my tuning to everyone correctly, but I just did so hopefully now everyone gets why.

I used to share quite a bit of information, and in every thread it became an argument just like this has become, so it makes it not worth it to share anything because someone always has something to say about it and I just don't have time for the drama.

So I stopped helping people, I keep what I know to myself because everyone is an expert and everyone wants to argue because they don't like my way of responding, its the way it is............and unfortunately because I don't have a big ego I don't really care.

So I am not wasting anymore time explaining myself or apologizing because people cannot take what I am typing and read past the words and not read into it anything else.

If I figure it out I won't share it because of the bullshit this thread has become.

:(

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Are you kidding me?
Post 45 you came out of the gate swinging saying how there is no way your tuning could be flawed and went on about how everyone else's methods of tuning and testing are wrong. And when people tried to help and then explain why it's not a big deal to test that way you jumped on them.

Sorry bud but you do have an attitude and you proved it by your last post saying even if you do figure it out your not sharing.

And I know you don't care, but I'm with Josh and the others on possible methods to diagnose this problem. And their opinion of you.
FWIW I hope the issue gets sorted and that the op posts up the fix. That's the point of this forum.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So I am not wasting anymore time explaining myself or apologizing because people cannot take what I am typing and read past the words and not read into it anything else.

If I figure it out I won't share it because of the bullshit this thread has become.

:(

dc12b0d8c4c8d3ce295ac5d284ac118912.png

To answer your earlier post, I've already made a couple of suggestions as to possible causes. If the op is interested, I will gladly send a test tune to help rule out some possibilities and look over logs to see if a second set of eyes might see something new. Also, if you think anything that has been suggested here is stupid, you don't really know much about troubleshooting. If there's one thing I've learned from working on trucks, it's don't take anything for granted. Nothing is ruled out until it is ruled out by testing.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Thats the problem Josh

Tony doesn't know shit about fixing a truck. It is work and know how things work and why they work that way. I would love to see him fix some of the stuff that comes in my shop. I get the problem trucks from other shops because they don't want to mess with them. Talk is cheap and when he cant figure it out its always something else. I said at the start I didn't think it was tuning to check everything out. I going to go out on a limb and bet Tony is about the same height as Wade. Its something about a short person I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.