Florida
Well they made 550 and hit the danger zone on the turbo... go figure lol
Wonder what size turbo will go on it next :D

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Pretty sure he said those engines are LML based as he had them cast well before the L5P came out(he likes to post pics on the clean diesel facebook page). He commented several times that they are strokers at 7.1 or 7.4 litres using his forged crank, I believe monotherm steel pistons, and they use a larger diameter rod bearing than the LML and older, but not as large as the L5P. He's posted about them on his page a few times, I believe he even posted some internal comparison pics after the L5P came out showing the differences between his, LML, and an L5P.

Negative all the military stuff is l5p for the new replacement for the humvee.

Banks even played a role in the development of the l5p with gm

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
There’s a video and podcast he has done that shows and tells all specs and differences
My hopefully guess is he will be at 900+ before the rods fail

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That video played like a long advertisement for his new datalogger.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I have a Derringer on my 2019 L5P, I am happy with it overall stock and even better with the Derringer.

I am going to drive it for the full 3yr/36k untouched, after that if its still trouble free drive it until the 5yr/100k is up, then its going to be addressed.

No sense in ruining a full warranty when its got plenty of power stock

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Supposedly, somebody swapped a 12mm stroker cp3 in place of the HP4. It would be interesting to get some more info on that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Supposedly, somebody swapped a 12mm stroker cp3 in place of the HP4. It would be interesting to get some more info on that...

Its in process he just picked it up from me last Friday. S&S modified it work it so far took a coolant crossover modification to physically fit.

Last edited:

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Its in process he just picked it up from me last Friday. S&S modified it work it so far took a coolant crossover modification to physically fit.

Yeah, I thought it was at your shop for a while. Really pumped to see things like this happening! Hopefully he’s got some track numbers to compare the new set up to.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Well another video dropped
Basically giving elementary lessons on why the turbo is choked
And at the end of the video gave a hint that the cooling system isn’t up to par for the added HP... the fix will probably be a banks radiator :D