L5P L5P Tuning

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
:roflmao: this is the kinda shit i remember 10 years ago here and 15+ on dieselplace! :roflmao:

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
I put 80,XXX miles on my 08 LMM truck all while it had one of his hotter tunes in it, racing, pulling, trying to limp around, all the same tune and still had it when i sold it, never missed a beat :woott::woott::woott:

Sorry to OP

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I love how these youtubers like Eddie’s life and streetspeed717 are driving down roads that are clearly in California or Pennsylvania and saying that they’re filming their videos in Mexico. Do they really think that the EPA and the enforcement agencies that watch those videos are that stupid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Ignorance is Bliss
Friend of mine works in Government can’t disclose department;)
Big brother knows all and sees all... but enforcing it is the thing
Will they target lil petty stuff like that? Maybe just depends
A lot of the things they investigate are mostly business/corporate
They let local law enforcement deal with these clowns
Is there loop holes? Yes
Is there loop holes for them to use against you? Absolutely
Best thing we can do is not draw attention to ourselves
And keep living
Racing got its start from Outlaws and will live on with Outlaws we just have to adapt with the times
Back on topic though:D I remember awhile back I believe it was Josh that had mentioned some guys working on another way to tune the trucks without going through HPTuner
Possibly someone doing the same ECM jailbreak just at a more reasonable rate?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ignorance is Bliss
Friend of mine works in Government can’t disclose department;)
Big brother knows all and sees all... but enforcing it is the thing
Will they target lil petty stuff like that? Maybe just depends
A lot of the things they investigate are mostly business/corporate
They let local law enforcement deal with these clowns
Is there loop holes? Yes
Is there loop holes for them to use against you? Absolutely
Best thing we can do is not draw attention to ourselves
And keep living
Racing got its start from Outlaws and will live on with Outlaws we just have to adapt with the times
Back on topic though:D I remember awhile back I believe it was Josh that had mentioned some guys working on another way to tune the trucks without going through HPTuner
Possibly someone doing the same ECM jailbreak just at a more reasonable rate?

Josh was the only one i knew working on that. i dont think its dead as ive heard alot about it but there are some road blocks they need to get over and frankly, they got him with a lot of irons in the fire right now.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
How would it work if you were unable to change the pulse width or any actual communication BUT had bigger injectors installed and had the original signal still going to them? It would be more fuel but pulse width and timing would not be adjustable. Would it just run too rich and not clean out?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
i watched the whole thing at the time. all i saw was ammo for the EPA and a guy way too enthusiastic about about a deleted truck

Yet these guys can't figure out why the EPA keeps going after emissions standards on the diesels....

Just wait till he has to smog it and they go after his smog guy.

Or maybe he will end up like that other you tuber with the Ford and they contacted him on his channel. He was boasting how his new 2017 Ford F250 Platinum was deleted and that he lives in a state that does not regulate emissions the same way. And then the Feds showed up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9deA_-bvRY&t=4s 4:46 into the video

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Yet these guys can't figure out why the EPA keeps going after emissions standards on the diesels....

Just wait till he has to smog it and they go after his smog guy.

Or maybe he will end up like that other you tuber with the Ford and they contacted him on his channel. He was boasting how his new 2017 Ford F250 Platinum was deleted and that he lives in a state that does not regulate emissions the same way. And then the Feds showed up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9deA_-bvRY&t=4s 4:46 into the video

It’s easy to smog a vehicle. You don’t even need to have the vehicle present ;)

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
That’s good to hear! I was hoping it would by summer, my tow rig has over 220k now, and the DPF is wanting to call it quits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk