L5P L5P Tuning

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
A gentleman on the route with an '18 knew about this, too. So word is getting around quickly....

1thackattack

Diesel enthusiast
Apr 7, 2017
Wonder who will nail HP tuners first??? GM or the EPA

You guys see bully dog got hit by the EPA recently?

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23833/...roducing-and-selling-emissions-defeat-devices

What can gm do is my question, void warranty’s, its my truck I can do whatever the hell I want to it, the manufacture cant tell me how to use my product I bought from them and now own, the manufacturer of my couch cant tell me how to sit on it, once the customer buys the truck, the truck and everything on it belongs to them, including the ecu the customer decides to send into hp tuners to be modified. The epa, now thats a whole new story... Just my personal opinion.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
What can gm do is my question, void warranty’s, its my truck I can do whatever the hell I want to it, the manufacture cant tell me how to use my product I bought from them and now own, the manufacturer of my couch cant tell me how to sit on it, once the customer buys the truck, the truck and everything on it belongs to them, including the ecu the customer decides to send into hp tuners to be modified. The epa, now thats a whole new story... Just my personal opinion.

Have you read the patent GM filed on the L5P ECU and the software on it?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
GM won't go after you individually. They will go after the people that are modifying them and selling the Equipment to do so. Whether it be them directly or turning them over to the EPA.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
:roflmao:

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Maybe not quite that drastic. But without sharing that data dump, it sure makes it easier to just squash a single head.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I've heard GM let the aftermarket have keys, sales are down and even GM knows why...

Most of my customers that have fleets of trucks delete them, not a single l5p purchased yet by any of them. Bet that will change now....;)

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
I've heard GM let the aftermarket have keys, sales are down and even GM knows why...

Most of my customers that have fleets of trucks delete them, not a single l5p purchased yet by any of them. Bet that will change now....;)

Looking at the prices I've seen qouted to deleted an L5P, I have a hard time seeing a fleet operator justifying that type of cost.

colehenry97

Aug 9, 2014
Looking at the prices I've seen qouted to deleted an L5P, I have a hard time seeing a fleet operator justifying that type of cost.

Thing is it’s either delete or trade at 50k miles when the emissions equipment warranty end. I know a feller that works for a CO-OP his ‘16 Ford service truck had to have a 4K exhaust replace. Needless to say they keep new truck for that reason.

Diesels are becoming un-own-able in stock form unless they have a warranty, who can afford or justify spending 3-6k in repairs that are almost guaranteed to happen within 100k miles..... my rant for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

do you just make up rumors for fun?? :roflmao::roflmao:

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
Isn’t emission covered to 100 k?
Thing is it’s either delete or trade at 50k miles when the emissions equipment warranty end. I know a feller that works for a CO-OP his ‘16 Ford service truck had to have a 4K exhaust replace. Needless to say they keep new truck for that reason.

Diesels are becoming un-own-able in stock form unless they have a warranty, who can afford or justify spending 3-6k in repairs that are almost guaranteed to happen within 100k miles..... my rant for the day

colehenry97

Aug 9, 2014
Thanks, only thing I read that it only covers catalytic converters and electrical parts. So are our DPF and DEF parts covered under this?