L5P L5P Tuning

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Thanks, only thing I read that it only covers catalytic converters and electrical parts. So are our DPF and DEF parts covered under this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 8 years 80k mile warranty is epa mandated to cover any emissions control part unless it is a wear item. So I could see nox sensors not being covered, but the rest would just about have to be. I remember swapping out fuel modules on Dodge's because they were considered an emissions item since it controlled tank venting on diesels.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Just have a couple friends who are in and out of the know. Their statement seemed logical to me so I passed it along...:D

Don't forget GM fleet is important...

It’s just funny that out of the 5 or 6 “rumors” they have told you over the last couple years, only 1 was right :rofl: :rofl:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
It’s just funny that out of the 5 or 6 “rumors” they have told you over the last couple years, only 1 was right :rofl: :rofl:

There are more, I just don't share, manufactures get but hurt and can trace back the information stream. I try to insulate them a tad. I will tell you that the info dosent always pan out though...:)

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
There are more, I just don't share, manufactures get but hurt and can trace back the information stream. I try to insulate them a tad. I will tell you that the info dosent always pan out though...:)

So there’s more rumors that aren’t true? You don’t say..... Your lucky to get that kind of insider information. You must be extra special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Or he's not sharing the good stuff

I don't doubt that some employees believe what they pass along. Large companies have so many people that not everyone is in the know, sometimes intentionally. And sometimes management changes things at the last second, etc.

I'm just glad the L5P got unlocked. I really enjoy seeing what these motors can do with the new heads. So much torque! Makes my Wagler heads on my LB7 look like weaksauce.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Any know if anyone has put the L5P in and older truck yet? Or engine parts on an older block? I know we had some discussions on whether not it might fit, but I didn’t know if anyone had actually tried it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Any know if anyone has put the L5P in and older truck yet? Or engine parts on an older block? I know we had some discussions on whether not it might fit, but I didn’t know if anyone had actually tried it yet.

i know of one going in a truck but when it will be running, i dont know

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL

I thought kidturbo said he had seen an l5p in person running in something, but it was running on a bosch e35a ecm.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
So there’s more rumors that aren’t true? You don’t say..... Your lucky to get that kind of insider information. You must be extra special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's called disinformation...;)

It's an old tactic (that the youth of today) isn't aware of, Facebook for example. It's a tool to control the weak minded, I.E. Liberals...

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
It's called disinformation...;)

It's an old tactic (that the youth of today) isn't aware of, Facebook for example. It's a tool to control the weak minded, I.E. Liberals...

And that's an excuse for you to spew a bunch of random bs?

If you were truly friends with people "in the know", you wouldn't be spouting off about ANYTHING they tell you if you care about their careers.

Why do I think this? Because I'm in the same boat. My time at CTC is still under wraps, only time I can talk about stuff is when it comes into production.

Anyone remember an issue of Diesel Power mag, that had a CAD drawing of the "new" 2.8l Cummins engine? (Around 2011 IIRC). Cummins didn't release that drawing. Trust me, someone got fired over that one.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Lol that’s WAY to tedious for me to even watch the whole thing!
Tony, it appears as if you might be attempting to start unlocking ECMs?
Is HP going to have some Competition soon :D
Always looking to support fellow members instead of corporate :roflmao:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
And that's an excuse for you to spew a bunch of random bs?

If you were truly friends with people "in the know", you wouldn't be spouting off about ANYTHING they tell you if you care about their careers.

Why do I think this? Because I'm in the same boat. My time at CTC is still under wraps, only time I can talk about stuff is when it comes into production.

Anyone remember an issue of Diesel Power mag, that had a CAD drawing of the "new" 2.8l Cummins engine? (Around 2011 IIRC). Cummins didn't release that drawing. Trust me, someone got fired over that one.

You need to read over what I wrote again...

If someone chooses to share info with me that's their choice, it's not like I share the stuff they ask me not too.

I am given info, if, it seems logical or reasonable I will pass it along. A lot is R&D crapp so it doesn't always pan out and as stated earlier there are last minute change ups. I'll just keep it off here from now on.