L5P L5P Tuning

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I’m extremely curious if they are tampering with hardware or if they are doing it via straight software... HPT

Aug 31, 2018
I have an L5P BIN FILE............poking thru it as we speak.

As soon as I get a a T87A Trans BIN File, I will map the pressure controls out as well.

Trading my 2016 in on a 2019 in the next week, have an ecm and tcm coming along with HP Tuners hardware.

:thumb:

So the TCM needs unlocked on these as well?

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
I have an L5P BIN FILE............poking thru it as we speak.

As soon as I get a a T87A Trans BIN File, I will map the pressure controls out as well.

Trading my 2016 in on a 2019 in the next week, have an ecm and tcm coming along with HP Tuners hardware.

:thumb:
:happy2:
Stoked to hear this. Had your tuning on my 15 so I’ll be sure to follow suit with the 18 in due time.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Just checked Kory’s FB... that son of a gun managed to get 190hp and 505TQ over stock with semi deleted... apparently he’s finally out of air lol
I can’t believe how much TQ these motors are able to produce though :thumb:
Everyone across the board it seems to be in the realm of the Cummins with a 1:2 ratio
Hope the motors are up to all the low end grunt!:D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is that on a 100% Bone Stock L5P ??? If it is Dammit . Need to leave my 2018 alone though ! Lol
Yes. Stock, uncorrected numbers loaded dynojet in south Louisiana were 386/818. He managed to get those numbers up to 565/1249 just with tuning. With just an exhaust kit (still running through the cat that is hanging off the turbo though), those numbers jumped to 576/1323.

I’m extremely curious if they are tampering with hardware or if they are doing it via straight software... HPT
I doubt they change any hardware, but I know they say the factory equipment can no longer flash the ECM. I'm guessing they open the case and hook up directly to the board somewhere to change some security stuff so it talks to their module.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Can’t find it anymore, but I had read somewhere nothing internally is modified, but the back cover does have to be removed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I'm really impressed with what Kory has done on his truck. 565/1250 on a tune only is pretty dang good in my eyes. I'm curious to see how much removing the DPF actually increases power.

I agree. Is it really worth the extra money and risk for an extra 20-30hp?

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
I'd be curious to know how long the emissions equipment lasts with that hot of a tune. You may be gaining more than just 20 to 30hp.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Evan proved the transmission won’t last in stock form. So I’m sure all of this will make them short lived. But who knows if pressure tuning will help much

I beat things to death but it still shouldn’t of been burnt like it was. George at Suncoast saw the same thing I did as we pulled it apart we were both surprised. It will be the same as the LML’s though everyone claiming with constant pressure it holds 650hp because they don’t limp yet the same trucks shift horrid and run 13’s and when you take them apart they are so burnt up it’s not funny.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
So Evan, How long you think before you will offer a kit?
You sold yours correct? Sounds like you don’t even want to/have time to bother with it right now I’m assuming:confused:

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
So Evan, How long you think before you will offer a kit?
You sold yours correct? Sounds like you don’t even want to/have time to bother with it right now I’m assuming:confused:

I’m buying another . They can already be built now. Suncoast and I came up with converter and built the one in mine over a year ago. Billet inputs are ready to go too.