Industrial Injection Pumps

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Well they won't charge me the extra unless I don't send it in. Plus, I have to have their pump first. Truck is a dd and if I don't have a way to get around... The military will kill me. :(

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
wanted to update this really quick. finally got my II pump. took them a really long time. they sent it to to the wrong address first. but they fixed that problem and i eventually got it. the cp3 went into the truck today. its not buttoned up yet. still have the wiring harness, coolant bridge and y bridge to put together. but other than that, its in.

hopefully the thing fires up with no problem. im pretty anxious to drive the truck with a respectable rail pressure. vie been driving it with only 10k PSI for a while now. vie also been sounding like i had a cammed out LLY due to the FPR lol:roflmao:. so im sure that the difference will be night and day.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Good luck putting the y bridge in. I know theres more room than an lbz, and you better hope its alot easier! That and getting fan shroud off was the hardest part for me. Glad its all coming together for ya :thumb:

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Good luck putting the y bridge in. I know theres more room than an lbz, and you better hope its alot easier! That and getting fan shroud off was the hardest part for me. Glad its all coming together for ya :thumb:

thanks. vie done the Y bridge so many times that its pretty easy for me now. takes me about 10 min or so. i have an LB7 bridge on an LLY. and my turbo sits back about an inch further than stock. so it makes it a little easier.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
subscribed. this is a great thread

if you ever do a cp3.... look here for help

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8707&highlight=pump

i thought i had a pretty good idea about how to get it out. i just didn't think about the bracket and the bolts in the front of the motor to loosen the bracket. so that made it a PITA for me.

i think that the link should be a sticky actually. that way people can share any little tricks that they learned while doing. it will make it easier to find and help out guys trying to do this later.