How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Or other countries aren’t testing or reporting like we are...
On a per cap or overall basis?
The JHU map also gives us that testing data. Best example data to view, the curves in bottom left corner. Show positives per day, and deaths per day. You can easily see, we NEVER flattened the curve early on compared to EU and Asian countries. If we look at the Incident Rate [main window bottom tabs] you can see that NSW "Sidney AU" has Incidence rate: 48.93 per 100,000 people compared to say Ohio with Incidence rate: 958.18 per 100,000 people.

Fact is, we need to LEARN from all this data and use it rather than constantly disputing or trying and twist it to make things look better than they are. Had we got it under control early on, we'd be opened up and mostly back to normal with few exceptions as they are in EU and Asia. However the data we have available shows, we screwed up compared to other countries. Which is really sad because early on, most countries looked to us lead by example. The smart ones didn't follow us, while the ones who did, "Brazil" are right behind us in the race to top the outbreak list.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
(To be clear, not picking on you. You just happen to share viewpoints that don't agree with mine, and I think reasonable discussion on these issues is beneficial for both of us.)

If we want to use estimates, than just review what Fauci told Congress in early March, when there was only "31" deaths in the USA and 1000 cases total. This guy is either as smart as those around him say, or so clairvoyant he could pick lottery balls before they pop out the tube. He estimated back then, 200k related deaths by the fall if we screw this up. Numbers don't lie, we are the hardest hit country in the world today. So real question is, how did we screw this up??

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Not affected whatsoever =) cars still need to run and the money the gov is giving out is helping the customers spend more =) Also Have a lot of folks have had covid and it was nothing to them including old people. seems like just a flue. but im no doctor and even then is dont care if I do get it. This world needs less assholes in it. =)

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I've said since day one this is just a good test run for how we handle something major mother nature throws at us later on. If it was Ebola, 85% mortality of those infected, we'd be hosed right now. But luckily it's nothing close, just sneakier in its approach. And it's just got rolling, with no major downside mutations yet. So it might just become another form of flu strain down the road.

However I feel we get numb to death pretty quickly here in the states. With no real visual body stack, unless you know someone who dies, not our problem. So I suggest a more visual approach to the message. We gather up random groups of 100 people every day, pick 10 and stick those in a room for for 4 weeks to represent the hospitalized. Once a day at 6pm nightly news hour, we grab one person from that room and walk them in front of the camera and pull a clear plastic bag over their head and suffocate them to death on live TV. That's your reality on bests/ lowest figures. Now to get real, gonna need to scale that lottery up a bit, like 1000 times. But I think it would bring more clarity to the situation as it stands.

On a funny note, saw 3 face masks hanging from mirrors in parking one day last week. Didn't see those people actually wearing a mask, but o'well, I started a trend.. lol

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Kid, your analogy puts the death rate of those infected at 10%. Grossly over the real numbers

I agree on the Ebola. It would make this country look like zombieland in the end

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Kid, your analogy puts the death rate of those infected at 10%. Grossly over the real numbers

I agree on the Ebola. It would make this country look like zombieland in the end
Only 1 out of the 100 actually get the bag over the head. The 10 out of 100 equals hospitilasation rate of infected which, get to hang out in the ever growing room, and can be snagged for public execution at any time during thier 4 week service..

Personally I wish George Carlin was still around to explain it better. I can just imagine his take. "So we take 1000 random people, all working class, no rich because they all fled to private island on private jets, and we walk these sorry smucks out on stage, with flashing lights and patriotic music, say a nice word or two, and then one person pulls a bag over the head of person beside him, and choked the living fuck out of that person until dead. Now we have 999 people on the stage minus the 3 who tried run out the back door and were shot by security. So we continue to pass the bag until we get 999 dead and one guy left holding the bag!!"

I can only imagine what he'd say we do with the guy left holding the bag. But at end of the day, every day, ya still have 1000 dead people on a stage, and good reflection of the USA response to covid-19 to date.

Last edited:

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
I know people that have caught it and they say it is NOT fun, pretty sure they are not taking a 2-week vacation and making up a bullshit story about how they felt and still feel. So many people think it is a false BS story and it really doesn't exist, sooooooooo here we have it still spreading around and people are dying.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Only 1 out of the 100 actually get the bag over the head.

That is 1% which is higher than actual. It is closer to 1 in 2000 and dropping

I get your point, and I'm not trying to say this isn't real or people shouldn't take precautions. I'm just sick of all the number pumping and fear mongering. And the politicians using it to suspend our freedoms

Reactions: Stingpuller

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
I've said since day one this is just a good test run for how we handle something major mother nature throws at us later on. If it was Ebola, 85% mortality of those infected, we'd be hosed right now. But luckily it's nothing close, just sneakier in its approach. And it's just got rolling, with no major downside mutations yet. So it might just become another form of flu strain down the road.

However I feel we get numb to death pretty quickly here in the states. With no real visual body stack, unless you know someone who dies, not our problem. So I suggest a more visual approach to the message. We gather up random groups of 100 people every day, pick 10 and stick those in a room for for 4 weeks to represent the hospitalized. Once a day at 6pm nightly news hour, we grab one person from that room and walk them in front of the camera and pull a clear plastic bag over their head and suffocate them to death on live TV. That's your reality on bests/ lowest figures. Now to get real, gonna need to scale that lottery up a bit, like 1000 times. But I think it would bring more clarity to the situation as it stands.

On a funny note, saw 3 face masks hanging from mirrors in parking one day last week. Didn't see those people actually wearing a mask, but o'well, I started a trend.. lol

Ebola is not 85% mortality rate. It's more like 50% average mortality rate. Which is still crazy high compared to this. But like you, I thought ebola was like 90% mortality rate until I looked it up....

And I'm with 2004lb7... Im sick of this BS. The response is political, and the ones that allow, even encourage the response, are braindead libtard sheep. As it stands, this is on par with the flu, which we have 'vaccines' for and more importantly, effective treatments. Research from 2005, along with testimonials from people that had covid and about died, suggest that hydryxycloroqin (sp?) IS an effective treatment... But if it was released that it IS an effective treatment, this shutdown BS would serve ZERO purpose... But that doesn't fit the agenda.... Further, if you haven't noticed, unlike back in March / April, they're pushing 'infection rates', not 'death rates' now... A lot of stupid things were done back then by the 'retards in power' that, among other things, put covid patients in NURSING HOMES, that caused a stupid uptick in deaths, but NOTHING they projected has held true.

Im not at liberty to say what I REALLY think needs to happen at this point.......

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Back in early 2000 I was given a great new arthritis med by my Dr to help wean me off of pain killers. It was called Vioxx.

Worked great for joint pain, but after a couple months I noticed it gave me chest pains shortly after taking it. Told my Dr I'd stopped taking it and chest pains went away. He said nobody besides me had every reported a problem like that. Within a year it was pulled from the market since it seemed to cause heart attacks in some 100,000 plus patients.. Estimated it killed up to 60,000 people....

Hydroxychloroquine is in same family, and has similar notes side effects. The CDC study showed likely to kill ya as save ya from covid-19...

This data goes back long before the covid outbreak, so I doubt it's a new conspiracy. If it was the cure, every other country in the world would be passing it out like candy.

However the real cure is in the video I posted above.. :)

Last edited:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Ken Why is on data that supports your way of thinking the only GOOD DATA? Its all BS and you know it. ITs real, absolutely. Its not what you and the left want to call it. Its political. Everything we do in life COULD kill us. FACTS! The only fear in life is fear itself. You want to live in fear then have at it. Nov 3 covid will silently start to disappear.

Reactions: dndj

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL
Not trying to stir things up too much, but I would like to point out that statistics can be made to show about anything. Especially when people are trying to make comparisons. Unfortunately, not all data is of the same quality or from comparable sources. Thus, two different people can be given the exact same data and come up with totally different "statistics" to make a point. Or worse, try to compare two different data sets (say from two different countries) and try to draw some conclusions. The key is to see the pedigree of the data that is being used, and all the "assumptions" that went into the conclusions they are spouting.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Well then, let's post up some numbers and see if we can make sense of it. Maybe even compare it to some other outbreaks of previous years or other countries and see if we agree or disagree on the meaning of the numbers or the numbers themselves

I already posted up some numbers above for death rate of US population. But as of now we don't have a clue as to the infection rate. Even best guess' are likely way off

We are a bunch of smart people here with enough training and skills across a wide variety of fields. I'm sure we can make something of these numbers

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL
Not disagreeing about the ability of those on here, just that some of the "data" that is being shared / used / quoted is not quite what it is supposed to be. Thus, your ability to make meaningful comparisons is going to be suspect at best. That is the irony here ... everyone is trying to out do the other guy with what new "revelations" they have uncovered when in reality, the data may or may not bear it out. Just the basic stats of how many are getting tested is hard to nail down, let alone whatever "results" are being published.

I totally agree that about the only thing that should be pretty concrete is death rate. Either your alive or your not. Trick is to see if anybody is playing games with "cause of death" categories and how those are being tallied. This is what makes it harder to figure out just what is truly going on ... or how bad it really is in different areas.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I think we are on the same page and agree. What I was trying to suggest is to get some numbers together (wether we can trust them, being that the source is questionable, is another story. Maybe only get numbers from the CDC to keep things consistent) and use our collective brain power to try and make sense of it. See if we can compare it to other similar situations and try and come up with a consensus that most of us can agree on.

I think it would help more then us sitting back listening to the media say we had xx number of deaths or infections today and telling us "we are all going to die" type hysteria

As long as we all agree on the data presented then interpretation shouldn't be that hard

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
I totally agree that about the only thing that should be pretty concrete is death rate. Either your alive or your not. Trick is to see if anybody is playing games with "cause of death" categories and how those are being tallied. This is what makes it harder to figure out just what is truly going on ... or how bad it really is in different areas.

And there is the big problem. First it was the 'death rate', which I strongly suspect was inflated, and then now we have the gov and media inciting hysteria with 'infection rates', yet the data now suggests that this is not really any more deadly than the flu, which we DO have effective treatments for. But the thing is, you could use the phrase 'Coronavirus infection rate' and cite numbers for the common cold (One of the causes of the common cold is a coronavirus) and people would absolutely lose their minds, demand a vaccine, seal themselves in bubbles... It would be mass hysteria.

At this point, I'd say it's hard to actually trust any data we might be able to get.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
And, in line with what you have said. Where are all the flu numbers that we see every year? Has covid19 cured the flu? What about west Nile or a host of other diseases?

Status
Not open for further replies.