How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Thanks for the support guys. The thought part is my wife being sick. She is the one that keeps the family going. My son basically beats the hell out of himself if he can be by her side at all times. When she needs some rest I basically have to pin him down to keep him from hurting himself.

Sorry to hear, on a plus side, if it is covid19 then at least you can be comforted in knowing you and your family will now be immune to it once you all get better and don't have to worry about it anymore

Exactly my wife and I live in a metropolitan area, are essential, and have kids in daycare/ therapy. It was only a mater of time, but ya still hope it don’t happen.

Dozer, im pullng for you and the fam. is the little one breathin alright?

Yes she is. So far it’s just the cough and it’s not to bad. We still are holding out that it’s just a cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Yes to Dozer, best to you and yours.

After some exhaustive searching, actually found a legit place doing the antibodies testing near me.
https://www.arcpointlabs.com/covid-19-antibody-testing/

Going to Columbus tomorrow to get tested and see if my odds are any better than even money on venturing outside again. While nothing is 100% guaranteed, in today's world 52% would make me happier...

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I think we are just dealing with cold or flu etc. Little girl cough has turned to a productive cough and no longer dry. Boy hasn't really shown any issues or then his normal crazyness. Wife no longer has a fever and is doing better all around. I'm feeling better, but my issues may have just been allergies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
I got an email this morning from Costco that starting May 4 members will be required to wear masks to shop there. Seems a little excessive for us here in Montana where our numbers are dwindling every single day. Were are down to only 69 active cases and 5 hospitalizations.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Back from Columbus, where 3:30 traffic is noticeably less. But certainly no shutdown evident..

Got the antibodies blood test done. Is actual send out to the lab test, not a rapid response as I'd expected.

My local Dr had ordered full blood workup back in Feb, which I casually blowed off. So I dropped an extra hundo outa pocket and got the full service, in a single stick.. "Hey can I grab a couple exta tubes to go please.. I mean it is my blood..."

Should have results by Monday.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Back from Columbus, where 3:30 traffic is noticeably less. But certainly no shutdown evident..

Got the antibodies blood test done. Is actual send out to the lab test, not a rapid response as I'd expected.

My local Dr had ordered full blood workup back in Feb, which I casually blowed off. So I dropped an extra hundo outa pocket and got the full service, in a single stick.. "Hey can I grab a couple exta tubes to go please.. I mean it is my blood..."

Shit.

You drove right by me then. Lol

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

I'm curious as to your results.

My wife is a nurse at an elementary school. She saw several kids over the winter that got sick with low grade fevers. They would get better for a day or 2 then it they where back to being sick with a low grade fever again. She has never seen that before, and it's what she is going through. She doesn't what to be tested. She doesn't see the point. She will get better or worse in which case we will take her in.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
If it comes back I didn't have it, then I can tell you there is a nasty strain a flu running around that will knock your ass down for at least a month. I went from tissues to paper towels, till I believe it was a full box of blue shop towels in under a month. LOL Along with that very distinct no taste or smell for the first week or so. But when your nose is running off your face, you don't really think about smell.

And then I took out at least two more people, and learn after a conversation this week, likely the doctor I saw back in February. However I don't know if any of them took an actual flu test. And both my grandchildren developed a short cold with a temperature that kept coming back around the same time.

Hopefully the test I took will become readily available for a reasonable price in a Drive-Thru setup. Would sure help with future decision-making for each individual, no matter what the outcome.

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I tried to go back to work today and they told me to stay home. My guys must have stepped up and have been doing a good job without me. Lol

Its a little frustrating they are hesitant to have me come back so quick, but I understand. Especially when before this they were expecting guys to bring doctors notes in when they got sick.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Ok my antibodies lab test results are in..

I'm Still F'd like everybody else out there... :sarcasm:

FYI: There is a nasty flu bug going around that I would seriously try to avoid contracting if at all possible. Stay safe everyone :)

Attachments

• AB-Test.jpg
    AB-Test.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 79

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Had to get some lab work done today due to an issue that popped at my Dot physical. They made me wear a mask after taking my temperature and passing the questionnaire on symptoms and travel. Im still coughing from the damn mask chocking me. I have some other tests/lab work that I need to do from problems from before the Rona. Thats going to have to wait. I ain’t jumping through their hoops when I’m the only damn patient in the building.

The liberal mayor and county judge are bitchen about people going to the beach after they opened this weekend. Morons need to get a life so they can quit telling us how to live ours.

They also made a phone line and website to snitch on people you see not fallowing their rules.

A strip club that was shutdown won a lawsuit and can reopen. They serve food.... I wonder if it’s tuna....

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Well we have our fist case at work. What a joke. We’ve interacted with 1,000s of people over the last 3 months and this is our first case. My wife’s school has had only a handful of cases between students and staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.