How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
That is a case of a psycho mask nazi and an overzealous cop who believe the hype. The people are outside for cripes sake, and "socially distanced" from everyone else. See? This is the crap thats going to happen now.....in this country. Never thought or imagined Id ever see anything like it.
Thats a fact!

Preston

Making ends meet
Aug 2, 2020
Alabama
Hard to say anything without an explosion. The arrest is bullish-t. Could have, would have, should have might have a different outcome. Who knows. That was over board.

Preston

Making ends meet
Aug 2, 2020
Alabama
I wonder what the officers instructions where at the pre-start shift meeting. If he was instructed that mask are mandatory to be on the property and remove all with out one then he was doing his job. I wonder if the girl sitting in the security of her parents with little brother defense mechanisms in play prompted her to pop off at the officer and he said ok, your out. Either way I think she should have had the opportunity to go get a mask or leave on her own. I held the door yesterday while a Dollar general manager man handled this punk out of the store for popping off when asked to turn his bandana over to conceal the lime green pot leaf that he proudly displayed. Baptist in small town Alabama don’t play that stuff. Yet

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Florida just lifted covid lockdowns. We will see how it goes. My guess, no considerable rise in cases but the lunny left will try and make it look like it

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Y'all need to rock the vote in November and that is why my buddies open carry now in public. The mask nazis are less likely to confront you...
That's not a totally horrible idea... Usually, when sheep see someone OCing a firearm, they ASSUME that person is a LEO... And then there is in at least some states/places, it's illegal to cover your face while carrying a firearm....

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Florida just lifted covid lockdowns. We will see how it goes. My guess, no considerable rise in cases but the lunny left will try and make it look like it
DeSantis is the shit. Proud to call him our governor. The awesome town of Ocala that I call home has not played into the mask b.s. much at all. To date I have only worn one at the hospital when my little girl was born a few weeks ago. Only a small handful of our mom and pop restaurants or stores enforce the shit. A good portion of the chains don't either. A favorite diner of ours really didn't put up with it. After the "2 weeks to flatten the curve" lasted a month they said F it and threw signs on the doors saying we'll exceed cdc guidelines and enter at your own risk. They opened up at full capacity and To my knowledge they never had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Well one week down and one to go and surprise he ain’t sick yet. I lucked out and my wife got her clinic covered this week so I got to go back to work. Last week went better then I thought. My son warmed up to me a little. Normally he won’t eat, drink, or speak to me if my wife is gone. He didn’t speak, but he drank ok and did eat a little. I was even able to get him outside and let him run. He minded me ok. Never ran out into the street like he likes to do.

Did have a little scare when my little girl was acting off and her temperature started to rise. It never got over 100* and after a little nap she was bouncing off the walls again.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I’m a little ashamed of the governor of Texas. No reason we shouldn’t be opened up we are below the percentage of cases that he said he had open the state back up for. He keeps moving the goal. Can’t do that shit. There’s businesses that have been banking on this state opening back up soon and they’ve overextended themselves believing that. Now since the states not open they’re hurting bad.
He made a little post on Facebook about grand daughters day. Most of the people lit into him about having the state closed down still.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
That's how you break people, keep changing the rules as you go to meet your agenda. If they had told us we were getting shut down for 7 months there would have been major riots. We were dropped in a pot then slowly heated untill boiling point, just like frogs, most just sat back and watched themselves be cooked. Now the feast is almost apon us and some will be eaten, those that jumped out will survive...

I never quit working for one day and I still didn't make nearly what is normal bc of lack of time to work. I had to help take care of my child. I save a lot so we are good but, I can only imagine how much personal debt has been piled up during this period, I'm willing to bet that's going to be the biggest hurdle to jump for economic recovery. People are burying themselves to stay afloat and that's when they get feasted apon by banks and lenders...

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I never quit working for one day and I still didn't make nearly what is normal bc of lack of time to work. I had to help take care of my child. I save a lot so we are good but, I can only imagine how much personal debt has been piled up during this period, I'm willing to bet that's going to be the biggest hurdle to jump for economic recovery. People are burying themselves to stay afloat and that's when they get feasted apon by banks and lenders...
Think we can all agree that the economic impact will be much larger than anyone estimated. Even with the Trillions dumped into the US economy so far, many businesses won''t survive. While some others will come out of this way ahead. IE, drug and medical equipment companies.. Somebody is gonna have to pay all these medical bills one day...

With grants and the ability to borrow money at super low rates they couldn't have accessed before, I have friends who chose to double down and greatly expand their business. I chose a wait an see approach, rather than dive into debt taking easy money that I didn't need to stay afloat. Majority of my business is international, and hasn't been impacted. But the delays and hurdles related to this pandemic has certainly impacted my nerves.

Yesterday I had a nice conversation about this pandemic situation and impacts with someone in NZ who many of us know and depend on in the hotrod business. Was saying how badly I need to get into Australia for my work, and they were saying how bad it is up there compared to NZ.. Zero new Covid-19 cases in NZ in past few days. AU has like under 20 new cases per day after latest lockdown in one state. While Florida where I'm heading back to in search of help to completing my projects, and who just shit canned any business restrictions, is still running over 2900 new cases per day.. I guess perception is everything....

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
This virus isn't going away. We can't even cure the influenza virus and were not going to cure this Corona virus either. What happens then? Live in fear for around 1.5 percent of the population? I would totally be on board if this was a true 10-20% death rate kinda scenario, but its not.... I personally have not changed the way I act around my parents, and there in there late 60's. They don't even worry about it, and my mom's in the medical field. I guess have fun in Australia.

Reactions: dndj

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I agree with you, ken on the economic impact. The estimate right now, that I have heard, is approximately 60-65% of business closed will not reopen.

As for the "new cases". You have to remember that this is almost always based on the testing done. How many people are being tested in NZ or australia vs the US or Florida? And can you trust numbers from other countries if we can barely trust our own? And don't forget, NZ's largest source of income is tourism so it behoves them to report low numbers

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I pray that economic repercussions are exaggerated much like this virus, but we can only wait and see..

The population of Florida is 20 million. The whole country of New Zealand is less than 5 million. We can get into population density too.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I don't buy into conspiracy theory easily. Last one that sparked my interest was the second shooter on the grassy knoll theory. But the evidence to date just doesn't support it. However once again we find ourselves consumed with conflicting information thats being hurled at us on this new topic. And once again, I look to the science for answers.

Florida has roughly 22 million residents, Australia 25 million, New Zealand 5 million. The later depends hugely on tourism, and this pandemic has greatly hurt them in the short term. But without the the expense of caring for a million sick people. All they have to do is track and trace new cases brought in by international travel. Devote effort to keeping it out until a vaccine is available.

Australia is 5x larger population in area size of USA. They to have strict travel bans in place, and won't even allow people from NZ entry.. Which I found pretty dang funny from a recliner here in the US. But once again, their new case numbers remain stupid low. They too playing the long game, waiting on a vaccine. But they wouldn't even allow ya to bring a dog into the country before this hit, because they don't have rabies on the continent. Just plenty of poisonous snakes and spiders to even out the rabies deaths..

As for the covid numbers, Everyone reports to and considers the Holy Grail of data, the John Hopkins University tracking site. Which is based back here in the United States. And according to them we just surpassed one million deaths worldwide, with about one in five based here in the US also.

No matter how you slice it, or what percentage you wish to declare as bogus numbers, we are still way too far ahead of everyone else. Best science says, we're not half way into this battle yet...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
??
c410e11a09be70a6a73a7c1e080032a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.