How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
They are cutting hours at our hotel now. Chopped mine in half. Stopped serving breakfast so that employee is as good as fired. This shit is getting stupid

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
This shit is pissing me off.
I retired from doing the plumbing after 27 years in business and now do fire sprinkler testing for the school district. They have completely shut us down and any outside vendors from doing any testing. This is so stupid. This is a perfect time to do the testing, with no one there. So what they do now is send me to another area and give them a hand. Well, I find out all the plumbers and two supervisors all went home either not feeling good(B.S.) or are over 60 yrs old. They will get 2-weeks paid. I now back doing this fricking plumbing again so they can have one large building for the kids to come in. Gotta fix toilets and urinals tomorrow while these others get a free days.:mad:
Rant over.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
This whole oil price wars and virus crap really put a hurting on us here in North Dakota. I do maintenance on well pads, from last week til now ive had to lay off 3 crews and now as of yesterday the remainig crews (including myself) are on call because someone in the Oil company's office MIGHT have come in contact with some one who MIGHT of been in contact with someone with the virus.

im used to the ups and downs of the oil field but not this virus garbage. This too will pass;)

well, at least ill get to spend more time with my family now.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
"Going Full Retard"...

James, I blew hot coffee out my nose... :thumb:

Better watch that, next they will say the hot coffee carries the virus and you just gave it to yourself.

I work in the construction industry. Our offices are on skeleton crew worldwide and shut in countries where mandated. Our upper management started with the if you are sick stay out to help protect the rest of the employees, which should be a common sense thing. From that it has escalated based on the local government recommendations. Field crews are still working as normal in plants and construction sites. Plants still need maintenance to help avoid the major issues.

Common sense with what's going around is probably your best friend. Houston is shutting down because the younger crowd still has the "10' tall and bulletproof" mentality.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Went to sams club yesterday for a cart full like I do every Monday for our store. This is all I could find. Water and paper aisles bare.
efdff4a7a2b15373991e93a65e85548d.jpg

b7233817c5132f41fc1fe051a9650cd0.jpg

054523a1010fc222aa049d733609aacc.jpg

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
Postponed our wedding yesterday. Figured we have more urgent things to spend $2100 on right now. Taking the horses in on Friday for spring shots and Coggins tests for travel, just in case. The small animal vet clinic I work for is still business as usual, some clients have canceled, some are trying to take advantage of working from home. Traffic on the 60 has been great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
USPS will continue to keep delivering mail where I work. There has been some cases in the work place but they just stated they would pay for our leave if it happens to us. Mail must get delivered. Things are absolutely crazy here as well, schools closed, bars, movie theaters, and what not. My old mans health isn't the greatest ( survived cancer but has underlying complications) so I been avoiding seeing the fam for a little bit. But other then that. Still plugging away on the house and outside work. Good time to be busy at home!

garyhenrich

Jan 23, 2020
I’m sure hoping that the summer heat will end this virus...and I’m ready to just sit around the pool and enjoy some heat.

I did read an (one, and I like to have multiple sources) article that states you should not take ibuprofen if you have the virus. More research is needed.

There are also numerous articles published that state that the virus can persist on paper and cardboard for many days. It can be delivered via your mail or even your amazon deliveries. Just need to keep washing your hands even at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
We make certain disinfectants and make you feel better products at my work. They set up tents to take people's temperatures before you can get into the building. We also get questioned on were we've been and who we've been around. Anyone that shows a high temp gets sent home and if they worked the day before the plant gets shut down for 24 hrs to be disinfected.
It's crazy what's going on but I'm glad to still be able to work and I'm glad that my company is at least trying to stay clean.
There alot more details that go into it but I dont have the time to cover everything. Lol

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
We make certain disinfectants and make you feel better products at my work. They set up tents to take people's temperatures before you can get into the building. We also get questioned on were we've been and who we've been around. Anyone that shows a high temp gets sent home and if they worked the day before the plant gets shut down for 24 hrs to be disinfected.
It's crazy what's going on but I'm glad to still be able to work and I'm glad that my company is at least trying to stay clean.
There alot more details that go into it but I dont have the time to cover everything. Lol

My god your rig is absolutely sexy! I wanted to find a dually and do the same thing you did but they want a fortune for them!

As for the corona virus deal... I am still at work and the surrounding counties are on shutdown so we shall see what happens!

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
I work in NYC and it was crazy that every bar was closed on st pattys day. The city is allowing building trades to work, every other business is pretty much shut down. Oh and my firehouse has 10 N95 masks for our whole battalion (200 firefighters) No one has issued any special orders to change protocols so we are doing CPR on coronovirus patients and losing whole companies at a clip to quarantine. We are predicting medical leave of around 40% in the next month. This is what happens when you have the worst mayor in the country.

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
I work in NYC and it was crazy that every bar was closed on st pattys day. The city is allowing building trades to work, every other business is pretty much shut down. Oh and my firehouse has 10 N95 masks for our whole battalion (200 firefighters) No one has issued any special orders to change protocols so we are doing CPR on coronovirus patients and losing whole companies at a clip to quarantine. We are predicting medical leave of around 40% in the next month. This is what happens when you have the worst mayor in the country.

That’s ridiculous. They wouldn’t expect you to run into a structure fire without the proper protection. How can they ask you to do the rest of your job without it?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
We are working everyone on the roster right now, and have brought back three seasonal drivers, too.

Friday, after our management incorrectly told us to "refuse all deliveries to schools/daycares/nursing homes", I spoke up (like I always do when I dont agree with policy) and told my fellow drivers to check with their customers and ask what they wanted to do about deliveries, then relay that info to management in order to make the changes.

In the end, we're treating schools like its summer, with the same redirects to admin offices or bus garages. My daycare and senior home asked I knock on the door and leave the pkgs outside. We're also trying to keep signatures to a minimum as best we can. Thats pretty much SOP everywhere. Simple solutions....

One of my farmers took three white-bundled round bales of hay and stacked them along the road in one of his pastures. He wrote, "Organic TP for sale" on the bales. Funny as all hell.
Also had a convo with another customer who mispronounced the virus name at the end of our talk when he said, "You watch out for that Corunna Virus, ok?" I replied, "Id rather have the Owosso version." You have to live in MidMichigan to understand the joke there, but it was funny.

Last edited:

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
That’s ridiculous. They wouldn’t expect you to run into a structure fire without the proper protection. How can they ask you to do the rest of your job without it?

our pumper was supposed to be replaced 3yrs ago, sometimes it doesn't even go into PTO. nyc is not prepared for 2 inches of snow let alone a pandemic

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Im in the Bay Area and I live in a county that has a "shelter" in place until April 7th. We are to all stay in our homes for anything other than essential reasons ie food, medical or helping a family member do those things.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Also had a convo with another customer who mispronounced the virus name at the end of our talk when he said, "You watch out for that Corunna Virus, ok?”
My wife’s boss calls it the culinary virus . Which makes that funny because they work (worked) in housekeeping.

On that note, Las Vegas has been forced to close for 30 days. I’m trying to find the knee jerk reaction to match this craziness but it seems the world has drank all the beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.