how much to build your motor

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Jesus, this thread degenerated in a hurry. So DockBoy are you going to put in an application for the Diesel Power Challenge, or is Bowling Green the extent of your westward travels? When is Bowling Green? Any why did a die hard Ford guy give in and install a Cummins? With all the NOS you use, you would probably fare pretty well in the DPC.;) By the way, the Cummins not only crack.:eek:

Last edited:

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Johnboy,

It helps to know your facts before spouting off at the mouth:rolleyes:
I was not spouting of Greg. I was correct you spent all your effort on adding power but did nothing to the bottomend and you paid for it. I knew it was not long for life when I looked at your pics and there was no paint.

The unpainted/rusty block that you speak of and that the piston seized in the bore in causing the rod to break was a STOCK UNTOUCHED 60K MI SHORT BLOCK:dontknow:

It wasn't "rebuilt" or even gone through. The engine was torn down to the short block merely to visually check things out. No mains removed, no pistons removed.

The new one is fully built and clearanced and by the way, painted:rofl:

I am glad you went threw this like you should have the first.:D Always cheaper to do it right then do it twice.;)

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
I said piston numbnuts..........and that is EXACTLY what happened.
DSC00257.JPG

DSC00259.JPG

DSC00258.JPG

And this is for you Johnboy:rofl:
1020082110.jpg

Looks good Greg. At least you had enough class not to paint it Ford Blue.:rofl: What Pistons are those 03s or CR Marines?

The pics of the "Seized Piston" looks alot like my freinds 05 CTD that I mentioned. Only it was stuck in #6.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I have too many teeth to qualify for sled pulling:poke:

I know, I've heard you state that before, but it's part of the competition. Last years winner only moved the sled a few inches the first time after it had rained. Chris was very cool about it and would have let it stand but they redid the track (if you can call it that) and ran from the other end. I'm sure you could move it a ways. You should enter, nice to see you out west where the big power boys play.:poke:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I know, I've heard you state that before, but it's part of the competition. Last years winner only moved the sled a few inches the first time after it had rained. Chris was very cool about it and would have let it stand but they redid the track (if you can call it that) and ran from the other end. I'm sure you could move it a ways. You should enter, nice to see you out west where the big power boys play.:poke:

Plus it's always cool to see the Dodges struggle with high DA. :D

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
alright i have a question. not sure if this is considered a stupid or not question. but when building a motor how do you decide what RPM range you will be running at so you can pick the right turbo? sorry if this is in the wrong section.

thanks