Forged Piston

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
I haven't personally seen a set of the Arias pistons, but I'm willing to bet they don't have internal cooling passages like the stock Dmax does.

Larger piston to cylinder wall clearances tend to let the piston rock more in the bore, which is detrimental to long term ring seal.

Arias and Ross both need about .012 to keep the piston from sticking in the bore. Mahle uses about .006. Which one do you think will have the better long term ring seal?

Ben,

Our dual squirters are not from an LML but rather an internally developed product here at SoCal Diesel for the McRat Bonneville project.

Guy

arias pistions piston-to-wall clearance is .008

RolltheCoal

Aug 31, 2006
We got a set of arias pistons in my buddies truck.. Had a few issues but i think we are good now.. I'd say good pistons.. would like them but a little expensive, make me a deal cody come on... im matts buddy that helped with motor..

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
sorry if this derails the thread but with the ptw clearance, is it recommended to run a couple thou more in the rear cylinders where all the heat from turbo/uppipes are?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Your right Josh/Ben

Sorry bout the confusion
No worries Simon. Thanks for verifying. I've never seen a set in person, and it's sometimes hard to tell definitely from pictures. I'm not sure it isn't better or worse to not have the cooling passage. More material has to be a plus.