February '23 Chat -- "Love the truck you're with"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Well I took a trip to the ER this morning. All I have to say is FYI kidney stones suck!

I woke up made breakfast and ate then started to have pain in my lower right abdomen. I thought is was an Ulcer at first. Took some medicine and I was on the floor in pain in no time. I had my wife take me to the ER thinking I Appendicitis. Nope. I'm just a pansies ass that can't handle a small kidney stone! Lol A little Morphine and Advil pain killer cocktail has its down to just an uncomfortable pain. This is going to be a fun 24hrs. I'm glad I didn't have to have surgery for an Appendicitis though.

Last edited:

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
When I was in 8th grade I had appendicitis and surgery for it. Went 3 days without getting treatment and just about kicked the bucket. 2 weeks in the hospital and 30 lbs or so of weight loss later I did survive lol

Yeah not fun!

• Wow
Reactions: Dozerboy

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Still works!

Attachments

• EB3342DD-CF2E-4931-A2E9-64DA67CEFB2A.jpeg
    EB3342DD-CF2E-4931-A2E9-64DA67CEFB2A.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 22

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Well I took a trip to the ER this morning. All I have to say is FYI kidney stones suck!

I woke up made breakfast and ate then started to have pain in my lower right abdomen. I thought is was an Ulcer at first. Took some medicine and I was on the floor in pain in no time. I had my wife take me to the ER thinking I Appendicitis. Nope. I'm just a pansies ass that can't handle a small kidney stone! Lol A little Morphine and Advil pain killer cocktail has its down to just an uncomfortable pain. This is going to be a fun 24hrs. I'm glad I didn't have to have surgery for an Appendicitis though.
Those are no Joke!!!

I woke up in searing pain from one. Thought some one ran a sword through me. I barley got some pants on and made it into the hallway from my room before collapsing. I guess I had a sever panic attack at the same time which caused temporary paralyses. The Fire Dept had to lift me up to get me back on my feet so they could get me on a stretcher and haul me off...

The Fun Continued at the ER... by the 2nd day I requested to go home with pain killers...

• Wow
Reactions: Dozerboy

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Opps... That wasn't supposed to be a wheel chock....
Not quite sure how many times it got run over by 240-400 ton rock trucks but I’m sure it was more than the tool was designed to withstand.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

Kidney stones are the worst! I've had 2. One had to be lasered because it was too large to pass. The other one passed naturally but took about 3 months to make its way out. Surprised the hell out of me when it did though! Hopefully yours passes quickly.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So, what is it like? Pissing marbles? 😛
It was really odd when it passed. The urine stopped mid stream with a very uncomfortable feeling, but I was very excited when I realized what had happened. The pain leading up to that was way worse than the actual passing though.

Reactions: 2004LB7

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I’ve heard that kidney stones in men ranks up there with child birth in the pain department.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I had my appendix taken out 20 years ago in an emergency surgery. I have never felt pain like that before. I wasn't as bad a "shaken" was but it put me in the hospital for 4 days. I was talking to my wife and said "If this is the kind of pain that child birthing is like, I don't like it". The nurse turned at gave me a evil look and said "have you ever given birth" and "I yelled back at her have you ever had your appendix out?" She didn't answer me and left the room. All I can say is that morphine was wonderful.
I’ve heard that kidney stones in men ranks up there with child birth in the pain department.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Pushing a golf ball through a garden hose... You feel it as it moves down the tract... At least I did.

At one point it was pushing on my bladder and I thought my bladder was full but that I couldn't empty it. I Went back to the ER and they did an ultra sound. Was barely any fluid. I forgot what they gave me at the hospital to help but basically just said keep drinking fluids and taking pain killers, It will pass...

Reactions: 2004LB7

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Well the nurses 12-24hrs was a little off....

Peeing isn't painful yet atleast. The first few days the pain was just in my groin/lower abdomen on the right side. Its almost like the feeling you get when you get kicked in the nuts, but worse and there's no way to ease it. It was so intense I would start throwing it up because of it, and then it would quit. Maybe even the rest of the day. But I was also sleeping 20hrs straight. The pain has slowly gotten more consistent, but not as intense... Or I'm getting use to it. Probably doesn't help I can't sit around and be sick.

My boss and HR has already gotten on to me for going to work. At this point I don't care about the pain. My thinking is if it ain't hurting it ain't moving. If it ain't moving I'm going to be like this that much longer, and I ain't got patience for that. I do have a doctor's appointment with the urologist on Friday though. Hopefully he doesn't tell me how stupid I'm being and I'm making it worse. My uncle's the one that told me I need to go. I think he's had 6 or 7 of them. But hes lived a rough life and doesn't take very good care of himself even for a truck driver. If anybody I knows an expert on them I'd say he is.

I don't care for pain meds to much so I take some Advil in the morning and at dinner. Then Tynol at bed. Three days ago I started drinking 1 glass a day of: 2 table spoons of Apple Cider Vinager/ 8oz of water mixed. It's supposed to help to dissolve it. It's supposed to also help with maintenance too, so you don't get them in the future. I'm not sure if it's helping or not. It should. The tast doesn't really bother me since I like really tart flavors like that. I might start mixing it a little stronger, but I don't want to give myself an ulcer or something. Who knows with my old age, but as a kid I used to eat atleast a lemon everyday. I would peel them and eat them like an orange, and it never gave me trouble.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Well the nurses 12-24hrs was a little off....

Peeing isn't painful yet atleast. The first few days the pain was just in my groin/lower abdomen on the right side. Its almost like the feeling you get when you get kicked in the nuts, but worse and there's no way to ease it. It was so intense I would start throwing it up because of it, and then it would quit. Maybe even the rest of the day. But I was also sleeping 20hrs straight. The pain has slowly gotten more consistent, but not as intense... Or I'm getting use to it. Probably doesn't help I can't sit around and be sick.

My boss and HR has already gotten on to me for going to work. At this point I don't care about the pain. My thinking is if it ain't hurting it ain't moving. If it ain't moving I'm going to be like this that much longer, and I ain't got patience for that. I do have a doctor's appointment with the urologist on Friday though. Hopefully he doesn't tell me how stupid I'm being and I'm making it worse. My uncle's the one that told me I need to go. I think he's had 6 or 7 of them. But hes lived a rough life and doesn't take very good care of himself even for a truck driver. If anybody I knows an expert on them I'd say he is.

I don't care for pain meds to much so I take some Advil in the morning and at dinner. Then Tynol at bed. Three days ago I started drinking 1 glass a day of: 2 table spoons of Apple Cider Vinager/ 8oz of water mixed. It's supposed to help to dissolve it. It's supposed to also help with maintenance too, so you don't get them in the future. I'm not sure if it's helping or not. It should. The tast doesn't really bother me since I like really tart flavors like that. I might start mixing it a little stronger, but I don't want to give myself an ulcer or something. Who knows with my old age, but as a kid I used to eat atleast a lemon everyday. I would peel them and eat them like an orange, and it never gave me trouble.
I hope I never go through that.

I can't remember the last time I've taken any pain meds, or any meds for that matter. I think I remember my mom mentioning something about giving me some Advil when I was a young kid and had a high fever.

I've heard of the vinegar trick. I doubt it can cause ulcers. Stomach acid is like 10 times stronger than vinegar. Only thing I'd be worried about is dissolving tooth enamel, so rinsing good afterwards would be a good idea. Maybe even brushing your teeth.

I like orange juice and cranberry juice. I prefer it to sodas and other sugar drinks. I have at least one cup a day. I wonder if that will help me stave off those dreaded stones. Though, I don't remember any of my family / relieves having that problem so maybe we got good genes 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.