February '23 Chat -- "Love the truck you're with"

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
i swear time speeds up as you age...
Fun fact. When a baby is one year old, that year is it's whole life. When he turns two. That year is now half of it's life experience.

Take this to ten years old. Now a year is one tenth of his life experience. Keep aging until and each year is a smaller and smaller part of ones life. At 60 or more years old, a year is getting pretty small

This is supposedly the explanation for why time seems to pass by faster as one ages

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Fun fact. When a baby is one year old, that year is it's whole life. When he turns two. That year is now half of it's life experience.

Take this to ten years old. Now a year is one tenth of his life experience. Keep aging until and each year is a smaller and smaller part of ones life. At 60 or more years old, a year is getting pretty small

This is supposedly the explanation for why time seems to pass by faster as one ages
that actually makes total sense.

Reactions: Bdsankey

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W

I hear ya on that.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bdsankey

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
that actually makes total sense.
And this may also explain to some degree as one ages one also has a harder time with short term memory but can recall things from earlier in life with great detail. As memories start to fill up, they seem to be coming at a faster and faster rate. And with the space already pretty full finding "somewhere to put them" in less and less time becomes harder and harder for the brain / mind to do.

It's kinda like when your hard drive on your computer is getting full the computer starts to run much slower. But the data coming in is coming at the same rate it always has. The neurons having to make connections or however it works, becomes harder because most are already made and trying to make a new and unique path is much more difficult.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal

I can agree to this. But lately I have been slowing down and enjoying the little things in life. I would always grind to get to a certain goal and not focus on anything else. I noticed it seemed like my days got longer 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 2004LB7

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I can agree to this. But lately I have been slowing down and enjoying the little things in life. I would always grind to get to a certain goal and not focus on anything else. I noticed it seemed like my days got longer 🤷🏻‍♂️
have kids, that goes away :ROFLMAO:. honestly, they make you realize your age too because they are evolving time capsules of your past!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
That just might be the key to enjoyment. As a kid everything is new. It's all a learning experience. Everything wows you. There is fun in everything. Life is great. No responsibilities. Someone else cooks your meals, does your laundry. Drives you around. You get to play in the dirt and ride bicycles.

Now everything we do is geared for a goal. Can't waste any time. Have to go to bed because I have work in the morning. Need to buy groceries. Basically the rat race

So finding the time to not have any schedule or plans and just enjoy the moment can be beneficial. Go back to the days you where young and find something new that you haven't ever noticed before. The way the bee crawls over the flower. Or the sun reflect off the water. Etc. Life will slow down and become interesting again.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Scored the other day and found a guy selling a new in the box still AFE CAI For $200!

Replaced my stock air box with it today-gained 5 psi of boost 😆
Stock filter was a bit dirty but not that bad I didn’t think.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Some of the best shit I’ve read on the inter web in a while. Thank you for that.
I agree, there are ways to slow time down. The easiest hack is leave your phone somewhere.

That just might be the key to enjoyment. As a kid everything is new. It's all a learning experience. Everything wows you. There is fun in everything. Life is great. No responsibilities. Someone else cooks your meals, does your laundry. Drives you around. You get to play in the dirt and ride bicycles.

Now everything we do is geared for a goal. Can't waste any time. Have to go to bed because I have work in the morning. Need to buy groceries. Basically the rat race

So finding the time to not have any schedule or plans and just enjoy the moment can be beneficial. Go back to the days you where young and find something new that you haven't ever noticed before. The way the bee crawls over the flower. Or the sun reflect off the water. Etc. Life will slow down and become interesting again.
Finding time to just appreciate life is hard, yet so needed. Honestly that’s my favorite part of “camping”

No cell service, just present moment. Something I need to focus on more,

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
That is part of the reason why I never take pictures or videos of anything. I want to see it with my eyes and remember it not see it through a screen and remember to hit record.

There are exceptions to that obviously but for the most part I keep that philosophy. I have 19 photos and 1 video on my phone. Every single one is a picture of my trucks or car except for the video lol

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
That is part of the reason why I never take pictures or videos of anything. I want to see it with my eyes and remember it not see it through a screen and remember to hit record.

There are exceptions to that obviously but for the most part I keep that philosophy. I have 19 photos and 1 video on my phone. Every single one is a picture of my trucks or car except for the video lol
I do get my phone out to take pictures, but I don’t live through the screen. It helps me to be able to look back and remember those moments.

For example. My son’s birthday overland trip last year, seeing him just enjoy life and be in the moment really pushed me to do the same.

Attachments

• FC941184-CFD5-4E4C-99BA-0B559A607917.jpeg
    FC941184-CFD5-4E4C-99BA-0B559A607917.jpeg
    728.4 KB · Views: 10

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
I'm a little hard core when it comes to removing tech and media from my life, which is interesting considering that is the field I currently work in and am trying to get out of. Wonder if there is a connection there...

Yes you are right. Special moments like with family often times meet the exception, I am sure I will have a similar feeling as well when I get to that point. I do know people live their life through the screen nowadays, just don't think they appreciate life.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm a little hard core when it comes to removing tech and media from my life, which is interesting considering that is the field I currently work in and am trying to get out of. Wonder if there is a connection there...

Yes you are right. Special moments like with family often times meet the exception, I am sure I will have a similar feeling as well when I get to that point. I do know people live their life through the screen nowadays, just don't think they appreciate life.

I agree to the last sentence

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal

I'm more like that now. I used to bring my Nikon everywhere. I used to shoot all the family events. Even did a few weddings. Reunions, etc. But I always felt left out and more of an observer rather than a participant. So I started leaving the camera at home. Now I take a minimum of photos. Mostly for practical purposes, like needing to show others. Work or documentation. Or just to show here

Reactions: shakenfake
Status
Not open for further replies.