Fastest stock turbo, stock fuel system, stock transmission, CC/LB LMM dually

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I took dad's truck out to a 1/4 mile track today. I've been tuning on it for the past few months, and the tune I have on it now is a pretty big tune. Quite a bit bigger than what is safe for a stock transmission (and it is not happy about it), but I took it to the track and got a few good runs on it. The best run of the day was a 13.69 @ 89.9 MPH, but I was on the brakes pretty hard trying unsuccessfully to keep from breaking out. I don't know what happened on that run. It just hooked up and ran, but I had several other runs in the high 13.7 - low 13.8 range at around 96 MPH. According to the calculator's I've put the numbers into, with a race weight of 7850 lbs, that puts the truck at somewhere between 480 to 500 HP at the wheels depending on if you go off of ET or trap speed.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Good other than I beat myself. There were a lot of trucks out there. The sled pulls were canceled, but I was glad to see those guys decided to make the best of it and drag race instead of bitch about it. I didn't hear anyone complaining about it. The timing system at the track was having issues because they had a rat or something get down into the vault that the fiber optic cables were run and chew through some. It caused an issue as on one of my runs I had a guy beat bad, but I didn't get an ET because of the issue with the timing system. Wish you could have made it out there, Jeff.

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
Man I wanted to bad. But the guys got me drunk last nite( Tyler an roomates) an I really don't remember half of my birthday.. Anyways I was Leary about the weather to.. Maybe you can come down on the 7

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I doubt I'll be able to make it out there. I hope you had fun even though you can't remember it... :D

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
I had fun. I sure wish I would have taken my truck. But it was cool seeing everyone and meeting new faces. Oh yeah and Josh you had your dads truck runnin damn good.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks guys. I think it needs to be turned down until he's ready to build the trans though. I could feel the converter clutch chattering at the top of 5th gear. Corbin (I hope I remember your name right), were you out at the track today? Sorry I didn't say hi to you if you were. And I think you're right about Shane.

Red Dmax

Big Boy Toys
Apr 19, 2009
Yea i was there. You dont have to apologize to me. I had a great time out there. Watching ya'll today makes me wish i had my project done already.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
what color, what what tire weight, what tuner, I think this is a new world record setting pass:rofl:

J/K Josh, cool the truck is running that well at that weight. Good job setting it up.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
what color, what what tire weight, what tuner, I think this is a new world record setting pass:rofl:

J/K Josh, cool the truck is running that well at that weight. Good job setting it up.
I think it's the color. It's silver birch... :rofl: :cool:

It'd probably be faster if it had a "professional" tuner tuning it... :doh:

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Nice work Josh. That's alot of truck to get moving on a stock trans!!:thumb:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I don't think anyone is a better tuner than you Josh, seriously. You know your stuff. The above post by me seems dicky, but hope you know I was joining in your fun, laughing at all the individual "records" that get posted.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I don't think anyone is a better tuner than you Josh, seriously. You know your stuff. The above post by me seems dicky, but hope you know I was joining in your fun, laughing at all the individual "records" that get posted.
I know you were joking. I was joking too. I just laugh at how some professional tuners like to act making big power is some big secret that only they know because they get paid.