ez lynk

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Is there going to be a tuning suite option for the end user if they want it like EFILive, or is the tuning suite only going to be for dealers with a large buy in to keep the little guy away, what about vehicle support obviously LML is on the list but what else?

Guess I have a lot of questions but if it's only focused to be a cloud based pre tuned option for the guy that doesn't mess with his own stuff then that's to bad.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Is there going to be a tuning suite option for the end user if they want it like EFILive, or is the tuning suite only going to be for dealers with a large buy in to keep the little guy away, what about vehicle support obviously LML is on the list but what else?

Guess I have a lot of questions but if it's only focused to be a cloud based pre tuned option for the guy that doesn't mess with his own stuff then that's to bad.

Yes there is a tuning suit option coming via ezlynk. It works extremely nice, you can even allow other tuners you share your tunes with the ability to adjust them on their own - without the worry of them stealing them as you set the limit on the amount of times they can flash that specific profile. Ezlynk has posted a couple of pics with the tuning suit - it will be able to be used by everyone.

On LML, you can adjust 1 base file and the ezlynk firmware will take care of making sure the customer has the right OS for their trucks and allow the end user the ability to change their own tire size/gear ratio adjustable to 60" tires.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Any word on this with l5p? I know it's soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
Please excuse my ignorance but is the tuning itself different with ezlink vs efi live, or is it actually different tuning software? I was under the impression it was just a means of loading tunes.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Please excuse my ignorance but is the tuning itself different with ezlink vs efi live, or is it actually different tuning software? I was under the impression it was just a means of loading tunes.

Yes and no...

I did tons of updates to the ezlynk files. We have over 11,000 base files in efi now... to unlock, script, and then resave the file.. then resave file again for .coz files just really isn't realistic.

The efi files are great, I'm very proud of them.. but my ezlynk files are totally better. I'm also nervous to update my efi files also simply because we have been getting hacked via efi non stop. I would really hate to know that my hard and latest work is simply stolen for pennies on the dollar. At least with ezlynk, no one ever gets a physical file in the hands to be decrypted and also they can not load the version they got from the ecu into ezlynk... so it's very safe.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Oops, guess I got treed. So no love for the LB7? :eek:

Man I don't think there will ever be love for the lb7/LLY platform.

Here - you guys are different than the majority of lb7/LLY owners.. you guys on DD are true diesel enthusiast, but sadly the lb7/LLY platform (for those that don't already have tuning) are being consumed by young kids with old trucks that are slap worn out. We sell less lb7/LLY stuff than anything, but we tech more lb7/LLY than anything... simply because the trucks are getting old and the customer base are becoming those that are a little more difficult to deal with. This doesn't apply to everyone, but that's honestly what we have been seeing lately. With that said - I can't foresee a new lb7/LLY owner spending what it cost to own a ezlynk, so support for platforms 10+ years old... I personally think would be a mute market. I do think ezlynk will likely offer datalogging support for it with just generic SAE pids, but CRC and flashing... I highly doubt it.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Can a shop buy one Ez Lynk and tune multiple vehicles with the same unit? What about the Powerstroke and Duramax units? DO you really need a separate unit to tune both platforms?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
People are hacking into your EFI files? Figured if you knew how to do that, you'd have the knowledge to write your own tunes???

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Even if kory has extra tables mapped out they won't show on an end users computer. You have to be able to add them into the files of efi live on the computer yourself.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Even if kory has extra tables mapped out they won't show on an end users computer. You have to be able to add them into the files of efi live on the computer yourself.

If they're altered though, people can do a comparison to a stock file, find the address, do a breakdown on it, and then come up with said tables function. Lml's have proven troublesome for many, and this has been discussed at length on other sites. I could only imagine how pussed I would be if I spent a few days or a week mapping out a table just to have somebody else steal it. I know how pissed I got when I helped somebody on a weekend with "HIS TRUCK" just to find out I spent almost 4 hours fixxing a tune file for a shop selling tunes to people because he downloaded some and thought he was a "tuner" now, and could do it. Then to rub salt into the wound, he bragged about soending all weekend figuring out a truck nobody else could when in reality it was me that rewrote his hack job.

It's a cut throat world in tuning with so many claiming to be tuners now. But now you have guys who know how to do it, but they would rather hack somebody elses work to save a few hours of there time.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
I love my ez lynk from Kory so far. I have access to all the tuning for my lml and it will be easy to adjust as I mod the truck for compounds.

The only thing I am waiting for is PPEI trans tuning to be available through ez lynk ;)