Dynoing the Nira ECM

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
been on the dyno for the last few days the motor made 1000 hp before the idler pulley started tossing belts , the motor come alive hard about 3000 and rips to 4700 then the belt let loose each time. this motor will rip to 6000+ rpms with easy These are fuel only pulls with a tune designed for progressive nitrous boost was 39 psi with 31.8 psi drive pressure , intake air temp was 175 at the port

This was one of the early pulls before we started to bring A/F ratio 1% at a time , we didn't really have time to video the later pulls where the smoke was almost all gone.

This is with Exergy 375 over injectors and 2 12 mm CP3.3 pumps at 60% on engine speed.

compression on this motor is only 17.8 to 1.
The heads are Frankenstein CNC stock casting

cam is one of mine a 228 218 112 in at 106

turbo's are silver bullet 64 mm we are going to a set of 71.8 mm Garret GTX 4202 R

the power appears to peak from a early smoky pull around 5700 rpms and will hold on to the 6200 rpm high side limiter

this pull ended when the belt kicked off

this was a very early pull , we are expecting a real 1500 hp , Not spiking the dyno but a real pull

https://www.facebook.com/COMP461/videos/853296111373588/

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
The niagara ecm? Never heard of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
the belts were holding ok, until the pumps started to stress the too small idler pulpy. building a new idler system this weekend . every time we pull fuel it picks up power

here is a closer look at the pump drive I built

IMAG1241.jpg

I run a lot bigger cam pulley now
IMAG0787.jpg

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
So wait your telling me your running cp3s off cog belts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
yes , they are , the ECM is very adaptable. It has 8 PWM outputs , no need for a splitter for more then one pump.

I have data logged the input and output of two of the current splitters out there and both cause rail bounce in some situations .

there is zero RPM limit on the Nira . you can change Injectors and only have to change the injector tables.

it will run progressive nitrous , waste gates and a lot more .

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Cool video but no data, like a dyno sheet to show your 1000hp number or load or correction factor which means nothing to the educated people on this site.

With your history of boasting without backing anything up, excuse me for not being impressed.

I don't give a rat damn what you do on jack stands or on a dyno, put it on the track against competition and then try to impress us.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I guess your just that out of the loop of mainstream racing, I put John Robinson on the trainer 1st round at an NHRA National event last year. The first time in history two diesels have paired off in a National event mainstream world. It does not matter how fast " wind up toys" go, if they can not compete in the sport of drag racing.

The people that need the data have that data , I use a zero correction factor. Correction factors are not appropriate in any boosted application. but the people that live on those over inflated corrected dyno spikes need them

another fares is the 1 or 2 hundredths of a second spike that contains the big dyno numbers you see everyone bragging about . I have been using dyno's for 30 years , Trick bagging a dyno is easy , using it to learn something is the only use for a dyno.

on a chassis dyno start from a idle and in over drive will tell you the real story .

This motor is obviously a nitrous motor so to make power on fuel only was a interesting fact I wanted to share.

the pull was cut short when the belt kicked off but the motor was accelerating at 1288 rpms per second

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I have a set of revised water jacket castings Brodix sent me , waiting on Frankenstein to CNC them , I had them delete the water jacket in the intake area, expecting 425 to 430 cfm out of them, His normal Brodix casting are just under 400 cfm.

I wished the new Edelbrock heads Chris is designing would have been ready by now , but they are about another 6 months out .

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Sorry if im not terribly impressed with your engine making 1000hp. You could have done that much with two stock cp3's and a set of 100's on a stock ECM, stock heads, stock cam and a couple (or 3) big turbos.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
This thread is about tuning and using a Nira ECM from Sweden . We are overcoming minor developmental obstacle's and then we will turn the nitrous on. in a drag vehicle acceleration is required , this means making power as the load runs away from it so to say . You hear a lot of people say that they can't make the power that they have, because they can't light the turbo's on a dyno.

we started this dyno session without nitrous , or intercooler. and with in a few pulls in we started having a belt problem, I had new belts but they were 100 miles away. The motor made a cool 1000 hp with a lot more to come. form the graphs I see 1200 hp on fuel only , but the motor would not last down the track. The intake air rose to 420 degrees last year on a 8.60 pass with fuel only. With Nitrous I see 1500 real hp that will accelerate, Use any good power speed calculator and the cars 1925 lbs. weight with 210 lbs. driver, well it's going to fly.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
This thread is about tuning and using a Nira ECM from Sweden . We are overcoming minor developmental obstacle's and then we will turn the nitrous on. in a drag vehicle acceleration is required , this means making power as the load runs away from it so to say . You hear a lot of people say that they can't make the power that they have, because they can't light the turbo's on a dyno.

we started this dyno session without nitrous , or intercooler. and with in a few pulls in we started having a belt problem, I had new belts but they were 100 miles away. The motor made a cool 1000 hp with a lot more to come. form the graphs I see 1200 hp on fuel only , but the motor would not last down the track. The intake air rose to 420 degrees last year on a 8.60 pass with fuel only. With Nitrous I see 1500 real hp that will accelerate, Use any good power speed calculator and the cars 1925 lbs. weight with 210 lbs. driver, well it's going to fly.

What? Cant make the power they have? That doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

Guess what, my engine makes a cool 1000hp also, on two stock high mileage cp3's, 100% injectors, stock heads, cam, and ECM. Fuel only.

Yours makes...... Impressive. :spit:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 116

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
What? Cant make the power they have? That doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

Guess what, my engine makes a cool 1000hp also, on two stock high mileage cp3's, 100% injectors, stock heads, cam, and ECM. Fuel only.

Yours makes...... Impressive. :spit:

:rofl:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I guess your just that out of the loop of mainstream racing, I put John Robinson on the trainer 1st round at an NHRA National event last year. The first time in history two diesels have paired off in a National event mainstream world. It does not matter how fast " wind up toys" go, if they can not compete in the sport of drag racing.

You mean when he gave you a 1/8mi head start? You know dang well his car runs with the big boys.