3. Matt Kauffman
4. Troy Sankey
5. Danick St. Pierre
6. Wesley Beech
7. Ryan Anderson
8. Dan Manary
9. Dan Howard
10. Cory Chomos

Bums me out cory is having ECM issues. Talked to him the day before they left, and he said it was freaking stout. hope he gets it fingered out before the end.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Did anyone else hear that DPC/DPM was scoring the highest dyno winner based on their HP and TQ combined...?

Is that bullshit or what?

Would you rather they go back to only counting torque like they did in the past?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
X2

But there got to be away that's still a little better yet.

Sent from a ditch being dug near you using Tapatalk

Porter

Dec 17, 2013
Cory chomos and Dan Manary are both out. Dan blew his engine doing nitrous runs on the highway and Cory spun his cam gear, bent pushrods and more.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
It's a bummer they both broke but that's another reason why ther voting system sucks. Neither of these trucks had any history of working. Brand new untested setups going to be tortured. Go custom auto.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Cory chomos and Dan Manary are both out. Dan blew his engine doing nitrous runs on the highway and Cory spun his cam gear, bent pushrods and more.

Ya that kind of stuff happens to me at least once a week in my daily driver.....:rolleyes:

Really shows the "streetability" of these things.:thumbdown:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Ya that kind of stuff happens to me at least once a week in my daily driver.....:rolleyes:

Really shows the "streetability" of these things.:thumbdown:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The sad thing is most of them aren't laying down really big power. Really, a top street truck in the country makes an average of around 850HP.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
It's a bummer they both broke but that's another reason why ther voting system sucks. Neither of these trucks had any history of working. Brand new untested setups going to be tortured. Go custom auto.

Exactly how I feel shilos is the only one that has been pushed for awhile should last the event imo but that's just dumb I wouldn't put my fresh build in that bullshit

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
It's the same thing almost every year. The guy who is smart about it, and is well prepared makes it to the end. If you're putting it together last minute or, beating on it for no reason, odds are against you. I think Diesel Power looks for a few cowboys who they know will blow sh$t up.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
It's the same thing almost every year. The guy who is smart about it, and is well prepared makes it to the end. If you're putting it together last minute or, beating on it for no reason, odds are against you. I think Diesel Power looks for a few cowboys who they know will blow sh$t up.

Wouldn't surprise me, we already know they use BS reasons to turn down people who get voted.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Not to sound like a sore loser but I didn't make it so I drove my truck 900 miles to myrtle beach instead. No issues and I used every toll both as an excuse to hammer down. In a way I am relieved I'm not there breaking my shit but at the same time I think I would have had a good shot at it

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Not to sound like a sore loser but I didn't make it so I drove my truck 900 miles to myrtle beach instead. No issues and I used every toll both as an excuse to hammer down. In a way I am relieved I'm not there breaking my shit but at the same time I think I would have had a good shot at it

I was invited twice and turned them down, first time for business/work reasons, second time because I wasn't interested anymore in risking blowing stuff up. But, that's just me. To me it was a lot more interesting years ago when guys had well built trucks, done mostly by themselves. But, that's just my opinion.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I've heard from several of the competitors and a few of the winners, that they just make up rules as they go along, and it's a total Sh*t show.

There aren't supposed to be any "shops" that enter, but we all know that "rule" gets bent every year by the same guys....and Kennedy lets it happen. (almost encourages it imo)

Last gripe... what does drag racing with a trailer in tow prove about a trucks capabilities..... or the trailer obstacle course for that matter? I could care less about driver skill. I want to see the trucks perform.

Last edited:

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
I've heard from several of the competitors and a few of the winners, that they just make up rules as they go along, and it's a total Sh*t show.

There aren't supposed to be any "shops" that enter, but we all know that "rule" gets bent every year by the same guys....

Last gripe... what does drag racing with a trailer in tow prove about a trucks capabilities..... or the trailer obstacle course for that matter? I could care less about driver skill. I want to see the trucks perform.

I agree 100%. I'm glad I didn't get in, I took my time and put my truck back together and I still had issues.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca

There aren't supposed to be any "shops" that enter, but we all know that "rule" gets bent every year by the same guys....and Kennedy lets it happen. (almost encourages it imo)

I couldn't agree more, it'd be a lot more interesting to see them drive to different tracks(both pulling and drag) and run at each one. That would cover pretty much everything.