DPC '13 Thread

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I think the group of guys that are competing right now deserve to be there, Woosley has been trying to get in for a couple years now and he brought his A-Game! If you guys who honestly think this event is "gay" ever were to attend and see it happen or compete, your opinion would change drastically. Not just because then you'd actually be making an educated opinion, but because you'd see it for what it is and not what the articles and dvd's and forum talk make it out to be. I agree that there are aspects of it that are political that I don't agree with, but the event itself is run differently than the selection process.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
the gay part of dpc is the politics that are now involved, other than that I think its pretty cool
That's what I have been saying.

Tim I don't think anyone is disputing the trucks and men competing, that's the awesome part.

I'm sure the Ford and Dodge guys will be coming over to start their Shit soon.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think the group of guys that are competing right now deserve to be there, Woosley has been trying to get in for a couple years now and he brought his A-Game! If you guys who honestly think this event is "gay" ever were to attend and see it happen or compete, your opinion would change drastically. Not just because then you'd actually be making an educated opinion, but because you'd see it for what it is and not what the articles and dvd's and forum talk make it out to be. I agree that there are aspects of it that are political that I don't agree with, but the event itself is run differently than the selection process.

I've been there, and I think it was a goat rope from what I saw.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
I've been there, and I think it was a goat rope from what I saw.

and now we have a few educated opinions. just from the video clips that ive seen here and there, I think it looks like a pretty good time. I wish they would make it open to the public though. I think it would be really cool to attend as a spectator. my pockets aren't deep enough to try and get in and compete. and that woosley guy looks like he is tearing it up out there, and not really having any problems. must be a very well built truck

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Yep it's gay. Go rag on your truck (thousands upon thousands of dollars in it) for the benefit of a stupid corporation??? Get your name out there? Don't worry nobody will care who competed in DPC 3 years from now. :thumb:

If DP mag and its corporate ownership shelled out a big chunk of cash for the top 3.... It would be different.

Bair

Jul 9, 2012
Yep it's gay. Go rag on your truck (thousands upon thousands of dollars in it) for the benefit of a stupid corporation??? Get your name out there? Don't worry nobody will care who competed in DPC 3 years from now. :thumb:

If DP mag and its corporate ownership shelled out a big chunk of cash for the top 3.... It would be different.

It's the participants choice if they wanna send in their application though.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
and now we have a few educated opinions. just from the video clips that ive seen here and there, I think it looks like a pretty good time. I wish they would make it open to the public though. I think it would be really cool to attend as a spectator. my pockets aren't deep enough to try and get in and compete. and that woosley guy looks like he is tearing it up out there, and not really having any problems. must be a very well built truck
It was fun. I just wasn't very impressed with the organization or execution of it all.

Jwarren

May 13, 2012
Would be better if competitors that try to enter would be more honest about what they got. Sucks when rookies get in and can't back up there claims.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
It's the participants choice if they wanna send in their application though.

It's called using people and THEIR money to make money for the corporation. Pure corporate greed and most people are too much like sheep to realize what's going on. Piss on DPC, I'll look at the pictures.

Bair

Jul 9, 2012
It's called using people and THEIR money to make money for the corporation. Pure corporate greed and most people are too much like sheep to realize what's going on. Piss on DPC, I'll look at the pictures.

Wow. Just wow! Still people's choice. Lol