DPC '13 Thread

Bair

Jul 9, 2012
That's fine. It's your choice to feel the way you do. An I'm not getting into an Internet argument. That's even more retarded then this conversation. Bye now.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
x2. Like that joke of an "800hp" LML.

I say next year, if you are not within 100RWHP of what you state in the spec's of your truck (you can be over as much as you want, just not more than 100 under), you are disqualified after the first event (which should be the dyno). This should curb the over-inflated numbers (guys do it just so they have a better chance of being picked). Those that sandbag, risk not being voted in as well.......

When sending in spec's to the magazine and you are unsure of your numbers, err on the side of caution...

I know guys will say, but what about the guy that puts a whole new setup on the day before the event, well that should help curb that as well or at least motivate guys to finish earlier and properly test and setup.

Bair

Jul 9, 2012
I agree with you. However, trucks are too expensive to beat on in any race, even those with a purse. Think about it, the value of the purse compared to what you have in your truck to get it to where it is. It's financially a losing battle. But you race for your own enjoyment, or bragging rights, whatever you want to call it. And so every person chooses which races they wish to participate in. Nothing complicated about it, and it's not even gay.

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I agree with you. However, trucks are too expensive to beat on in any race, even those with a purse. Think about it, the value of the purse compared to what you have in your truck to get it to where it is. It's financially a losing battle. But you race for your own enjoyment, or bragging rights, whatever you want to call it. And so every person chooses which races they wish to participate in. Nothing complicated about it, and it's not even gay.

Agreed, it's just a lot of beating on your truck in a short time frame. I wish nothing but good luck to those who choose to participate. Don't like some of the politics or the guys who lie to get picked.