Dorman body mounts dont fit...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Are the s&b mounts worth it to upgrade to? I'd like to try them but not sure if I'll notice a difference from stock for the price.
If your stock mounts are bad, they're a good upgrade, but if your stock mounts are in good shape, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Reactions: 08lmm72mm

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Are the s&b mounts worth it to upgrade to? I'd like to try them but not sure if I'll notice a difference from stock for the price.
On my LMM it took some learning curve to get right, but the result was excellent! If you have a crew cab, you want to order the short cab kit and then buy two of the rear gm hydraulic mounts. The ride was greatly improved! Prior to pulling out the rear two mounts and putting in the GM, running all S&B created a feeling like a long continuing stutter over bumps. You’d hit a bump and like a vibrating spring it would give a feeling like it was going twangggggggggggg. Talking on the phone, people could hear it in my voice. S&B sent me GM rear hydraulic mounts and it went away in favor of a wonderful ride.

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
On my LMM it took some learning curve to get right, but the result was excellent! If you have a crew cab, you want to order the short cab kit and then buy two of the rear gm hydraulic mounts. The ride was greatly improved! Prior to pulling out the rear two mounts and putting in the GM, running all S&B created a feeling like a long continuing stutter over bumps. You’d hit a bump and like a vibrating spring it would give a feeling like it was going twangggggggggggg. Talking on the phone, people could hear it in my voice. S&B sent me GM rear hydraulic mounts and it went away in favor of a wonderful ride.
I have a EC/SB . Still go for the hydraulic mounts or is that even an option with my truck? I'm not even sure mine are shot I've got this constant itch to buy truck parts, must be Christmas season lol

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I recall the campaign by GM, leading to their hydraulic rear mounts, was for Crew and Extended cabs. So I think that it should hold true for you too, but I have no first hand knowledge on the EC.