Desert Diesel Nationals AZ

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Found this over on the furd forum, thought I would share. Kinda laughed that they have been "trash talking"

It's OFFICIAL, the 2010 NHRDA "Desert Diesel Nationals" will once again be held at Speedworld in March! Strictly Diesel and ITP Diesel will be the title sponsors for the second year. The NHRDA is working hard to help us make this event bigger and better every year...we're VERY excited to get things rolling and this year we've got some extra time.

More information will be posted as we finalize details and such, but MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW because the date is set!

Saturday MARCH 6th, 2010
(Rain Date: Sunday March 7th)
Speedworld Dragstrip
DAYTIME EVENT (exact times not set, but figure roughly 9am - 6pm "ish")

I will post a PDF "flyer" as soon as we get the preliminary one. Between the NHRDA, Nate and Myself, we should be able to get that flyer distributed to all of the major diesel forum sites. We will also be contacting other potential sponsors so if you have any ideas about companies that would be interested, PLEASE PM NATE OR MYSELF AND LET US KNOW!!!

If you have any serious (not joking here, wisecracks won't help) ideas about how to "encourage" more people to race, please feel free to share them. We need to get more of those folks that just park their diesels in the lot and watch onto the track!

Lastly, rumor has it that the owners of "Maxed Out" and "Casper" have been "bench racing" and "trash talking" pretty bad during the off season. We've gotten confirmation that "Maxed Out" will be here and we're told they've both eluded to settling the dispute at this event...this is GREAT! This is the first event of the NHRDA season, and though I have not confirmed it yet I'm betting it will be a double points race again. Cross your fingers for some other big time trucks

Last edited:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Double points with only 4-5 races kills the series! I know it's to get a truck count the first race, but they kill the rest of the season! If people miss the first race, they are more likely to slack off on the rest of the years events, because there is no chance! The only way to make it happen with a few races, is to have the first and last event double points. JMO...

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Lastly, rumor has it that the owners of "Maxed Out" and "Casper" have been "bench racing" and "trash talking" pretty bad during the off season.

I'd not say trash talking at all, just some fun playing to hype the event.

We'll be there with hopefully a few entries. May have to enter the tow truck for some bracket racing!

NHRDA

Aug 7, 2008
Double points with only 4-5 races kills the series! I know it's to get a truck count the first race, but they kill the rest of the season! If people miss the first race, they are more likely to slack off on the rest of the years events, because there is no chance! The only way to make it happen with a few races, is to have the first and last event double points. JMO...

This will not be a double points race.

NHRDA

Aug 7, 2008
0306-XL.gif

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Who lives around the track? I need to find out if there is a rental place that has a Duramax, for uhh, all my wife's luggage! Since the truck will not be done, I think we are going to fly in.

Last edited:

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Who lives around the track? I need to find out if there is a rental place that has a Duramax, for uhh, all my wife's luggage! Since the truck will not be done, I think we are going to fly in.

You don't need to rent a truck. Just have her foot race in the parking lot for some $$$$. Might pay for your trip. :D

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I don't know about that, she sure cuts a good light. Not sure I can make it up on the top end. OK, I'll let her have another shot, I'd like a bit more run off area this time. Seems my braking system is directly portionate to my beer intake.

NHRDA

Aug 7, 2008
We called the Hampton Inn in Surprise. The rooms are running around $199.00 a night. If you tell them that you are coming to the diesel race at Speed World the rate should be $109.00 - $129.00 depending on the room you book.