December '23 Chat --- It's Christmastime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Sorry for your loss Tom.

I can't wait to see you fix BBT up...

I don't think my LLY even has 130K on it. I hardly even drove it this year due to the price of fuel... But the LBZ I am building for it is almost done... Always 1 step forward and 2 steps back on that project...

Reactions: TheBac

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Just sittin' here waiting on the Social Security phone tree. I may be here a while.

Been three days of phone calls, sorting personal records, finding financials and insurance info, inventorying personal effects, moving stuff, etc.

Viewing and such is Saturday. Finished up the obit last night, just have to submit it.
I know you've been dealing with some health problems with your dad recently. I guess he passed away? I must have missed that post. Sorry for your loss, Tom. I'm sure that made things a lot more difficult for your Christmas.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yeah, my Dad passed away Christmas morning about 12:30am. Everything is ok. Thanks for the condolences.

My truck would need literally every body panel except the hood replaced now. When I go down to El Paso in March I was going to try to find a donor in Arrival Blue and drive it back.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So sorry for your loss Tom. That family picture will make memories for you to have. Where life ends another will take the place
Thanks. At least the kids got to see him before it happened. I had gotten a call early Xmas Eve morning that he had fallen out of bed. I get over there and he was very agitated, bruised and groggy, talking nonsense. Got him calmed down and able to get back to sleep, but I knew the time was close. Kind of sucks, but he's much better off.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Yeah, my Dad passed away Christmas morning about 12:30am. Everything is ok. Thanks for the condolences.

My truck would need literally every body panel except the hood replaced now. When I go down to El Paso in March I was going to try to find a donor in Arrival Blue and drive it back.
Sucks to hear that, I hope he went quickly.

Definitely thought and prayers with all of you

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Sorry to hear buddy. Your lucky to have had him as long as you did. He got to see you grow up and raise your own children. As I get older I realize what really matters and it’s not what most people seek out unfortunately. You got lots of time and that sir is a true blessing.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD and TheBac

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
My condolences Tom. Agreed with the statement about grandchildren, grandparents on both sides of my family died pretty young. I only really remember Mom's dad, and he passed when I was 12 or 13

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Sorry Tom. There’s a lot to be thankful for, but for now it’s just rough and sucks. I wish you and your family peace.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I’m sorry to hear that Tom. 2023 has not been a fun year for anyone’s families it seems.

I’ll keep my eye out for any arrival blue trucks for sale out here!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Got to be a kid in there. Probably a joke and not real theft. But now that the videos out it will give stupid people ideas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.