December '22 Chat -- "Shitter's Full!" -- and other Christmas "crap"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ive used dryer sheets underhood on the vette the past few years. Just take them out when getting the car back out in the spring.
Also, peppermint oil-soaked cotton balls in a cup in the interior help keep them out. Makes the interior smell good too.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
only thing ive used that works or putting a light on under the car and hood at all times.

my buddy has a HUGE pack rat problem. fuckers bring cholla catcus in with them and eat up everything in a vehicle. hes tried the soap trick, they just eat it. dry sheets dont do anything. sprying smells dont work or they drink the water with it in it. And noise alone doesnt really work. He put these in everything he owns and has had 0 issues since.

out at my place, i dont have a huge problem but they are out here. i put those same amazon deals on my trailers, the trucks and the tracker. Now that everything stays pretty much inside, i built traps at entry points. just a shoe box with two small openings (like 3"x3"), a small snap trap and an almond hot glued to the trigger. ive killed about 10 so far this year.

Reactions: PureHybrid

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
only thing ive used that works or putting a light on under the car and hood at all times.

my buddy has a HUGE pack rat problem. fuckers bring cholla catcus in with them and eat up everything in a vehicle. hes tried the soap trick, they just eat it. dry sheets dont do anything. sprying smells dont work or they drink the water with it in it. And noise alone doesnt really work. He put these in everything he owns and has had 0 issues since.

out at my place, i dont have a huge problem but they are out here. i put those same amazon deals on my trailers, the trucks and the tracker. Now that everything stays pretty much inside, i built traps at entry points. just a shoe box with two small openings (like 3"x3"), a small snap trap and an almond hot glued to the trigger. ive killed about 10 so far this year.
I had a minor problem with some rats for a few years. made a tipping over trap from a plastic drum, a pipe and magnet. put the peanut butter on the end or inside the end and they walk out to eat and it tip over and they fall in the water.

worked well. no more rats around my house
IMG_20221209_073755.jpg
IMG_20221209_073804.jpg

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I had a minor problem with some rats for a few years. made a tipping over trap from a plastic drum, a pipe and magnet. put the peanut butter on the end or inside the end and they walk out to eat and it tip over and they fall in the water.

worked well. no more rats around my house
View attachment 111509
View attachment 111508
i thought about doing that with a 5 gal pail but these packrats dont like to climb unless its a hidden climb along edging. id have to get all extravagent with it where the box and trap work well and take up very little space

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I have one of those trip tops that go over a 5gal bucket, never worked as good as a glue trap with dog food on it
I don't know what you guys have but the ones around me can jum out of a five gallon bucket with ease. that's why I did a drum

i thought about doing that with a 5 gal pail but these packrats dont like to climb unless its a hidden climb along edging. id have to get all extravagent with it where the box and trap work well and take up very little space
bury the bucket so the top is level with the ground?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
caleche says no lol. i need a bigger/heavier tractor to do it. plus i dont care if they are outside, i just dont want them in the garage. i make sure the king snakes and bull snakes good around my place. They keep the rattlers down as well

Reactions: 2004LB7

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Well boys, Looks like the Shitters Full!!!

20221211_153028.jpg

I went to a buddies Yearly Christmas Party last night. It was themed for pajamas this year. One of our buddies did Uncle Eddie.
I couldn't resist sharing it with you guys given the topic of this thread...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Got the Xmas lights all done this past weekend. Yes, Santa's sleigh was stolen by Santa Pig and his Rein-hogs.
Santa tried to stop him, but in a cruel twist of fate, was run over himself. You can see his flattened body hanging off the back of the sleigh. :LOL:
20221212_173154.jpg:LOL::LOL:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Nice work Tom.

We haven’t touched Christmas decorations yet. We close on a new house today and then I’m sure I get to put a tree up.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
hopefully get our exterior stuff up near the end of this week. weve been gettting a bunch of rain lately. Makes it a little hard to use a ladder in mud lol

Status
Not open for further replies.