December '22 Chat -- "Shitter's Full!" -- and other Christmas "crap"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Anyone have any exciting family trips planned this month?

I always threaten to run away to the mountains or something during this time of year as I don’t particularly enjoy all of what Christmas has become. I do enjoy getting to spend time with my family. However this time of year gets hectic enough you can’t even enjoy it.

Reactions: 660catman

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I have a gift card to red ribbon so I was thinking of taking a trip out to there. does that count as taking a trip?

more seriously, I'd like to do some winter camping in the snow sometime this winter. don't know how much my family would like that.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Only trip's I will be making is to an undisclosed location where I am working on my LBZ swap. :LOL:

And the shitter...

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I enjoy skydiving. My wife isn’t as enthusiastic about it. Sometime earlier this year she tells me if I get her a stamp in her passport she’ll go skydiving with me. She also wants to do Disneyland at Christmas time. So in a couple weeks we are going to Paris and Euro Disney for a week.

Reactions: Dozerboy

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I enjoy skydiving. My wife isn’t as enthusiastic about it. Sometime earlier this year she tells me if I get her a stamp in her passport she’ll go skydiving with me. She also wants to do Disneyland at Christmas time. So in a couple weeks we are going to Paris and Euro Disney for a week.
So you're going to jump out of the plane over Paris?

We're working 6 days/wk til Christmas, so no trips planned this year.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
So you're going to jump out of the plane over Paris?
That would be pretty cool but no. We have a spot around here and will wait till it warms up a bit. It’s cold down here, it’s a little chillier at 15,000 ft.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Going to go visit family and friends in Nebraska. Hopefully there is snow this year. That way we can break the Death Disks out of the barn and show our kids what snow is all about. Our last visit it was in 10*-20* and no snow. My buddy up there has started forging knives, so it's a nice way to stay warm.

My son is in pretty rough shape right now. His Autism and self-injury are just about out of control. Had a meeting with another new doctor that wants $5k to do another round of the "same" treatments we have been doing. He is "better" then the last doctor according to one of our last doctors. My wife and I have started talking about at what point do we put him in an Institution.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

Last year we did that IDive indoor skydiving. I had no idea how physically that sport is. Who knew how hard it would be to float throughthe air. My little girl was 5 and did pretty good. I wasn't a fan of jumping out of planes before, but that sealed the deal for me. I aint never jumping out of a perfectly good plane on purpose...lol

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Going to go visit family and friends in Nebraska. Hopefully there is snow this year. That way we can break the Death Disks out of the barn and show our kids what snow is all about. Our last visit it was in 10*-20* and no snow. My buddy up there has started forging knives, so it's a nice way to stay warm.

My son is in pretty rough shape right now. His Autism and self-injury are just about out of control. Had a meeting with another new doctor that wants $5k to do another round of the "same" treatments we have been doing. He is "better" then the last doctor according to one of our last doctors. My wife and I have started talking about at what point do we put him in an Institution.
I've no real experience with someone with that affliction or treatment of them but I've heard some good things about the Son-Rise Program. https://autismtreatmentcenter.org/about-us/

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
Only trip's I will be making is to an undisclosed location where I am working on my LBZ swap. :LOL:

And the shitter...
Inquiring minds want to know :)

Long Island for me. Getting dragged there, not my idea of a Christmas...

@Dozerboy Sorry to hear that. When I was in high school I used to "babysit" a younger autistic boy he was mostly deaf and mute but a sweet kid. Best friend growing up had an autistic brother. I have an idea of what you go through, prayers are with you.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Man kids these days don’t know about the dumb shit we did as kids in the snow haha..

On another note, reach out if you need someone to talk to. My gal is an pediatric occupational therapist who deals with a mostly Autism. Maybe if anything she can give a pure Un biased Professional opinion.

I know she deals with some tough kids, but man once they find that thing they are good at it’s so damn cool.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Inquiring minds want to know :)
About the Shitter??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Told you, I bought a wrecked LBZ that is identical to my LLY Same Color interior, same Color Exterior. Even Had Kryptonite Front end parts on it.
Had to cut the front half of the frame to pull the motor and trans. Motor is on a stand now and I am going to tear it down to reseal it. Also adding some upgrades while its out.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Only trip we had planned was this past weekend. Started out good and then turned into a total shit show. We went out to an area by Florence, AZ to wheel with Fish and the suzuki crew. Got out there thursday night and just had to deal with traffic through town. Wasnt all that bad considering it was the middle of rush hour. Friday we wheeled woodpecker and got back by 3ish. let the kids ride their quads and good campfire stories that night. I had no idea that the forecast called for rain saturday till friday night. what ever, its arizona so its like 5 min rain out here. HA wrong...

Saturday was overcast to hell and started raining about 10am. just a slow drizzle. we wheeled Elvis and had a good time. wasnt hard enough to keep everyone in a vehicle but made climbing rocks a challenge. as we finished the trail, rain started coming down harder. It was enough youd get soaked standing out there for 10-15 min so not terrible but a good rain. by time we got back to the trailers, everything had turned to mud and it was that snotty nasty crap. the rain never stopped... By dinner time, 3/4 of the camp had left as some didnt want to deal with it and others were worried about the road flooding. i was worried about neither so we cooked steaks and played board games with the kids. It rained all night and into the next morning. I didnt sleep for shit, neither did Erin and neither did the kids (we didnt sleep because the kids didnt sleep lol). So instead of loading the tracker in the trailer, i had Erin drive it home following behind me and threw the kids quads inside quickly. it was a bit of a sloppy mess getting back to the road but got there easy enough. Then i had to get back up to my house. The drive to my place is all clay as we have been waiting on the last house to be finished on our street before we all get together and chip in for A/B. i had to get a good run from the wash at the bottom of the hill and slip slide everywhere to finally make it to my drive.

Ive still yet to fully unload and im still whooped/tired

Status
Not open for further replies.