Considering DD'ing 350k mile LB7?

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Hmm, maybe I just need to spend the time and clean mine up... but then it’s still going to have all the Cali connectors and I just removed that stuff.

Can I buy just the rubber boots for the connectors? What plastic loom did you guys use to redo it?

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Okay need help with another part ID

I think I remember this hooking into the egr/emissions junk with the little tube, and then maybe connecting to the valve covers?

But I can’t figure out where.

0yvMuxW.jpg

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Crank case vent tube. It sits on top and connects driver side to passenger. The smeller tube I think was for egr or baro. I forget

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Hmm, I’m not putting the vacuum pump back in. I was wondering what to do with #9 in the diagram.

So do I just Tee the two valve cover breathers together and let it dump under the cab?

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
What is this for? It’s part of the charging/alternator system right?

Pink wire/blue shield goes to the terminal on the left, and alternator goes to terminal on the left?

fO1yVG0.jpg

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Hmm, I’m not putting the vacuum pump back in. I was wondering what to do with #9 in the diagram.

So do I just Tee the two valve cover breathers together and let it dump under the cab?

I thought #10 was the pcv valve. I don't think you need to remove it. It vents to the atmosphere anyways

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
I’m pretty fricken close, I should be firing it up this afternoon... just a few more harness connections, front stack, fix the fuel lines on the chassis, oil change, and maybe I get the lift pump today.

But... few more questions first. Two more connectors I don’t remember, and a grounding post that I don’t remember where it grounds to. Also, what is the thing in the last pic?

Qqx3LdM.jpg

SH2errX.jpg

RCb5Ddr.jpg

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
First pic is MAF sensor that goes into your air intake tube. Second, not 100% sure but looks to be maybe MAP sensor if it’s not already hooked up. Watch for that wire with a ring terminal laying on your passenger manifold. Looked to be maybe a glow plug power wire.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Doh. I kept thinking the top one was for something on the intake but I for some reason I forgot the maf sensor.

Realized middle one is for the WIF sensor, but I have a delete plug. Yeah I hadn’t finished hooking up the glow plugs. Just did that now.

Last one, I’ll just ground nearby then.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I think your ground connects to a bolt on the back side of the head just below the glow plug module. Don't ground it to the valve cover because the gasket/silicone may provide to high resistance. The path will be through the small fasteners vs the head having very good contact with the block

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
The big ground is in back of the head yes, but that little ground post I was pointing to in the last picture is what I was asking about. I just ground it to the firewall.

I swapped to a Federal y-bridge and it looks like it doesn’t have the mounting holes for that PVC Wye tube. Can I just run some 5/8 heater tube and a tee to the pcv valve below the alternator?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
What you are pointing to is the main power to the glow plug module not a ground

The T idea sounds fine to me. You can run it to #12 in the diagram above

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
What you are pointing to is the main power to the glow plug module not a ground

The T idea sounds fine to me. You can run it to #12 in the diagram above

Ah okay I see now.

That’s what I thought, at least for now. There’s some stuff I’ll want to redo in the future.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
So after $200 in oil and coolant I nearly got it ready to be started yesterday, but turns out the federal Y bridge and Cali Y bridge are indeed different so I need a new intake boot. However I can’t seem to find one/the part number. Anyone know?

Also at some point during the rebuild I got my Blackstone labs oil analysis back. I had taken the sample months before, I don’t fully recall when. But they said they couldn’t even give me an analysis because of how much fuel was in the oil.
No good... now I’m hoping I didn’t wreck the bearings running it like that.

When I do go to startup, anything I should do special after sitting so long (months) and the injectors/CP3? I was thinking of hooking up my starter trigger and cranking a bit with the ignition off to prime the oil a bit? Also won’t have the lift pump in yet, so I assume lots of priming with the stock primer to get fuel to the CP3?