Broken Crankshaft Count?

Please pick the one that you had break

• Total voters

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
I would agree some with your comments. Anything that bleeds off cylinder pressure will have those problems. Alternative fire cams with low LSA have more overlap . That reduces spool not the firing order. It may be possible to some extent for the cylinder pulses with a alternative fire came slows velocity of air flow but I would think that is a lesser contributing factor than profile of the cam itself.

:thumb::thumb:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I didn't lose any spool up ability just swapping to a SoCal alternate firing order cam. If the profile is the same, then there is no difference in spool up.

Don't blame the firing order, it's not the issue.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I didn't lose any spool up ability just swapping to a SoCal alternate firing order cam. If the profile is the same, then there is no difference in spool up.

Don't blame the firing order, it's not the issue.

Same here, have done cam swap on engine dyno and saw no difference in power or spool up switching firing order with same profile. Only difference was in the vibration/harmonics of the motor.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Damn that thing rough
Totally stock even. That's scary

202k miles on a stocker that is towing a 4 car trailer for a living. I'm sure many tuned trucks have seen a better life than that thing!

I know CR dropping definitely effects spool up but if you guys are noticing it at 16-16.5 then there are other variables in there.

Try spooling at 11.5:1 with an auto and a remote mounted GT45. That will give you a better appreciation.:roflmao:

Minnesota DMAX

Jan 11, 2015
Dang that sucks. Low miles to see a broken crank. Sorry to hear that

02 CCSB efi live,head studs, S&B intake, 4" straight pipe to 5"

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I just bought a 2008 LMM complete motor with a broken crank, 88,000 miles. I'll call the owner Monday and see if he has any information of the prior owner's use. I can say this, the EGR cooler was plugged, one side of EGR valve was almost completely plugged. What is the consensus of the block after a crank breaks.? Anyone need some parts.?
=
=
=
2ij3dko.jpg

=
=
=
=
=

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Check it out. If it wasn't run long with a broken crank it should be fine. As long as the mains are fine

That's a nasty egr

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I just bought a 2008 LMM complete motor with a broken crank, 88,000 miles. I'll call the owner Monday and see if he has any information of the prior owner's use. I can say this, the EGR cooler was plugged, one side of EGR valve was almost completely plugged. What is the consensus of the block after a crank breaks.? Anyone need some parts.?
=
=
=
2ij3dko.jpg

=
=
=
=
=

that's normal for the egr motor to look like that unfortunately.

Strip it down on a stand and take the block down to Larry's engine in Tucson and check it out. Mind as well junk the crank lol

Did you buy that engine from Art?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Did you vote already on the poll? It has you listed under LB7/LLY.

Yep.. Broke a LB7 crankshaft.. Right after I lost the injectors which resulted in a spun #2 main bearing.. Ripped main website 2, 3, and 4 from the journal to the deck on that block.. Back in mid 2007

The LMM crank split in the center of #2 conrod bearing.. Reluctor wheel sheared the pin and made laps..