Broken Crankshaft Count?

Please pick the one that you had break

• Total voters

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
that's normal for the egr motor to look like that unfortunately.

Strip it down on a stand and take the block down to Larry's engine in Tucson and check it out. Mind as well junk the crank lol

Did you buy that engine from Art?

No, picked it up off of craigslist, turns out the guy I bought it from I had met many times years ago, him and my first wife worked for the same company for 20 years and had met him at company picnics, small world sometimes......I think I set the record for longest time to remove a CP3 in a motor not in a truck and I don't relish the thought of ever replacing mine now...

Last edited:

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Got word the crank broke in 06 that was my business partners that we put a built motor in using a used LB7 crank and a alternate firing order cam. Even though the crank checked out ok before the build with it not being new it wasn't ideal circumstances to tell if the cam helped or not in my opinion but that's just me.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Got word the crank broke in 06 that was my business partners that we put a built motor in using a used LB7 crank and a alternate firing order cam. Even though the crank checked out ok before the build with it not being new it wasn't ideal circumstances to tell if the cam helped or not in my opinion but that's just me.

I could be way wrong here but the only 2 broken cranks I have heard that were running AF cams were used cranks. Like I said, could be wrong but it makes me think the fatigue was already there. I hope......

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I could be way wrong here but the only 2 broken cranks I have heard that were running AF cams were used cranks. Like I said, could be wrong but it makes me think the fatigue was already there. I hope......

I agree if it was a new crank I would feel differently. If nothing else in my opinion taking the 1-2 hit off the front of the crank has to help some. I will continue to use them.

Ming15237

Mar 16, 2013
No, picked it up off of craigslist, turns out the guy I bought it from I had met many times years ago, him and my first wife worked for the same company for 20 years and had met him at company picnics, small world sometimes......I think I set the record for longest time to remove a CP3 in a motor not in a truck and I don't relish the thought of ever replacing mine now...

Mind if I ask what ya paid for it?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Reman LBZ appx 18,600mi
Broke at #1 main
Not sure if new crank was used in build...so, yeah

Happened just cruizin down the freeway, nothing exciting

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Only other person I know of that has broken a crank with less miles in Matt SikDmax. Want to say he had 12k miles on his LMM.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Reman LBZ appx 18,600mi
Broke at #1 main
Not sure if new crank was used in build...so, yeah

Happened just cruizin down the freeway, nothing exciting

No you're kidding right Jason.. Man that really sucks is there anything I can do to help???

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Only other person I know of that has broken a crank with less miles in Matt SikDmax. Want to say he had 12k miles on his LMM.
It's NOT the "fastest list" I was hoping to be a part of
That's f'er sure

Harbins wasn't stock
Nor were the other two guys mentioned
But their cranks were ;)
No you're kidding right Jason.. Man that really sucks is there anything I can do to help???
Nope buddy, not kidding
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68704

Can you help...?
Hmmm

You did say you have some property...
Dig me a hole 6'L3'W6'D