Best Diesel Oil???

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
My local Amsoil dealer sent my oil sample to Anaylsis Inc. Give these guys a try.

http://www.analystsinc.com/

My oil was sampled after 15,000 miles. The TBN was 14.01 and contaminates were at low levels. I change my Delco oil filter every 5000 miles and top off with fresh oil.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Any one have a good source for Cen-Pe-Co?

The website has dealer locations....But ya if i was you i would get it from Ed:)

there is only one dealer in Canada so i oreder enough for 3 oil changes

it has raised my oil pressure slighty from 41 psi at warm idle to 44 and on the top end its up there:D

The 20w-50 i run

cSt @ 100c 20.6
cSt @ 40c 181
Vis index 134
zinc 0.24
Shear stability % loss <5
pour point *f -20

STLCHEVYHD

Haywood Jablome
May 8, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I use a little bit of everything! I use Rotella 15w-40 in the motor, Allison Transynd in the tranny, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w-30 in the t-case, and Amsoil Severe Gear in the diffs. I use NAPA oil and fuel filters and Allison spin-ons.

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
i also hear that is not so good to switch oils especially from regular to synthetic when you have over 100k miles it can cause leaks and not running smooth not sure if that is true thats one of the reason why i haven't switch oils still using rotella :confused:

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
I have 25k on the wifes truck with the same oil. Ams 15/40. I will drain it this weekend and go another 25k on the same oil change. I am running the AFE filters and change them when the truck says change oil filter. every 7500-8000 miles. This motor will be torn down after this to see what it looks like. The only thing is that a intake clamp broke and I don't know how long it has been that way. Dirt in the motor? Intake looked clean when I pulled it off so maybe it was sealed still. No bypass filter.

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
I have 25k on the wifes truck with the same oil. Ams 15/40. I will drain it this weekend and go another 25k on the same oil change. I am running the AFE filters and change them when the truck says change oil filter. every 7500-8000 miles. This motor will be torn down after this to see what it looks like. The only thing is that a intake clamp broke and I don't know how long it has been that way. Dirt in the motor? Intake looked clean when I pulled it off so maybe it was sealed still. No bypass filter.

You should send the 25k oil in for a UOA. It would be interesting to see if the oil could go farther.