Best Diesel Oil???

nick1camper

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Iowa
Hey guys, just have a quick question. Looking for some opinions on a good brand of diesel oil to run. My local mechanic said to NOT run Rotella, because it does not have an anti-foam additive in it. He recomends running Texaco Ursa. I have since switched to Ursa, but cannot find a place to buy it except through him. Here in SE Iowa, we have Rotella EVERYWHERE, but not too much else that compares in price. Any suggestions?? Anyone else heard anything bad about Rotella? All opinions are appriciated!

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
i am runnen DELO 15-40, we run that in all our marine diesel engins and it seems fine, the rest of the diesel guys here run the same oil in all our yachts/boats, and they get run hard, WOT all day.

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
I didnt see John Deere 15w40 plus 50 in the above posts. I run that along with many other people here and have no reasons to try anything else. my 2 cents

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
when i was back in Minnesota , we used Cenex oil in everything, it was the cleanest runnen oil i have ever seen, however, i did throw a rod or two :confused:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I used Rotella and have not had any problems with the oil. I have 175,000 on the motor when I took apart and it looked very nice.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
I use Amsoil also, But , Do i know for REAL if its better? No, I just go by the tests i read about or see.

Our Lube Lab at work tested Amsoil vs. Mobil1 vs. Pennzoil. vs. Valvoline.

Amsoil was the best, followed by pennzoil. Mobil 1 was LAST!

I say change your oil regularly and you wont need the "best " motor oil out there.