Best Diesel Oil???

May 21, 2008
Stephenville Tx
After seeing the schafers demonstration i switched over. I would recommend you look into Schafers lubricants.

We have been a dealer for years and would not run anything else I have it front to back in my truck. From there motor oils to trans fluid to grease its all very good. We use there moly everyday on assembly of engines.

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Hmmm, whats your opinion on amsoil in the trans? Maybe I should re-think this?

There is nothin wrong with amsoil in anything except a engine that burns a lot of oil!

I have put amsoil to the test on several occasions from 2000*+ EGT's to 100+ lbs of boost to 300+ hp worth on nitrous, and over 100k+ on the same engines and they look great inside, like they were new.

Transmissions, well the regular ATF is great if you drive it on the street, but i suggest the racing ATF if your all out draggin it or pulling, the racing ATF has a much better "Friction" formula for better TC and clutch pack grip during high HP blast's, and it's a 10wt instead of a 20wt like the Reagular amsoil ATF for even less drag and more HP.

I have been building dodge trannies for about 5 years now and have never seen a failure that was from lubrication, maybe cause we use amsoil???

keith2500hd

MOTORKILLER
Jul 20, 2008
Burlington,iowa
"C,compression ignition" diesel service oil additive package requires than "S,spark ignition" for rating. that is part of that additive package, funny how he wants you to run the oil he sells. i run rottella syn 5W40 now and don't see any problem running good quality oil. back in 70's in gas engines liked Havoline, every engine i tore down was clean inside, quaker state was always foamy/gunky. hate people that insist on non-detergent oil, like how clean it is, yea because all the gunk is laying in pan waiting to clog pump inlet and wipe out engine, there is reason for detergent and filters.

kodiak

Sep 25, 2007
You know....one thing I have noticed is this:

If you sell Amsoil, Amsoil wins.

If you sell Cummins Blue Valvoline, For some reason Valvoline wins.

If you sell Shaffer 9000....it wins

If you sell Redline...it wins

If you sell Royal Purple...it wins.

Mobile1 ETC. and so on and so on.

This is the picture I am starting to form.....ANY of the above oils have their special niches...one has super high TBN and yet another has a Moly blend added, one is endorsed by a race team...yadda, yadda, yadda.

With the current manufacturing quality of todays oils, I see no reason why ANY modern day oil like those listed in this topic, would not function as well as the next. Any of them will certainly do their job by protecting your motor well into the 200,000 mile and beyond range.

03maxpower

Jan 20, 2009
somerset, pa

This is the picture I am starting to form.....ANY of the above oils have their special niches...one has super high TBN and yet another has a Moly blend added, one is endorsed by a race team...yadda, yadda, yadda.

With the current manufacturing quality of todays oils, I see no reason why ANY modern day oil like those listed in this topic, would not function as well as the next. Any of them will certainly do their job by protecting your motor well into the 200,000 mile and beyond range.

agreed:hug:

785rmk

Mar 28, 2009
Iowa

I have to agree, but you would think some independent study would be done to determine who the king of the hill is instead of the selling party.

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
I have to agree, but you would think some independent study would be done to determine who the king of the hill is instead of the selling party.

I Agree. Amsoil did a "white" paper to claim their product superior but they didn't test any Schaeffer oils. I emailed Amsoil's engineering dept. and asked why they didn't test Schaeffer products. The answer I got back was " we didn't include industrial lubricants in our oil study".

I guess I'll keep using what Amsoil is afraid to test...

Schaeffer #151 MolyBond 15w40 CI4+..

FWIW, my hot oil pressure at idle is 30 psi...

Accelerator

On a Time Out
Mar 12, 2009

LOL, very true!